Do you guys sell a Linux based mini that supports 16 IP cameras? Somebody here said you do but the info available on-site says the maximum is 8 cameras.

BTW, I sent this question to the sales link on your web site 5-6 days ago and never received an answer.

I have a part number for the 16 channel version. I don't know why there is no info on the 16 channel version on there website. Part number is NV-4160 let me know if you would like to get you a price.

Thank you

I am curious price and availability, if it supports 16 IP channels it sounds like what I'm looking for.

Their literature is confusing though. For example, on the NUUO mini data sheet (on bluecherry) it says "linux based" and then continues to say " Windows 2000/ XP/ 2003/ Vista" and IE 6 or later required. What's that about? Will it work with firefox?

Does it have any sort of trigger output for interfacing to an alarm panel?

Is the NUUO software ZM based or completely different?

Is there an active forum anywhere where users discuss their NUUO experiences? I see it mentioned here from time to time but rarely does anyone discuss it from a customer standpoint.

Just getting me feet wet here so there's a lot of catching up to do.

Thanks for the info.

I am curious price and availability, if it supports 16 IP channels it sounds like what I'm looking for.

Their literature is confusing though. For example, on the NUUO mini data sheet (on bluecherry) it says "linux based" and then continues to say " Windows 2000/ XP/ 2003/ Vista" and IE 6 or later required. What's that about? Will it work with firefox?

Is there an active forum anywhere where users discuss their NUUO experiences? I see it mentioned here from time to time but rarely does anyone discuss it from a customer standpoint.

Thanks for the info.

I will confirm with my supplier that the unit is available and I will get you a price. The unit is Linux based. I will try and use it with Firefox but I know it works with IE.

Trigger ins/outs are on the IP cameras. You can use events to trigger outputs. Also this unit is setup for web based log in but you can use the client software to connect to multiple miniNVRS.

Thanks for the info.

I will confirm with my supplier that the unit is available and I will get you a price. The unit is Linux based. I will try and use it with Firefox but I know it works with IE.

Trigger ins/outs are on the IP cameras. You can use events to trigger outputs. Also this unit is setup for web based log in but you can use the client software to connect to multiple miniNVRS.

Dear all,

NVRmini is linux-based, but it requires IE to see the live view and playback. That's why you see Windows in the flyers. Our live view and playback utilize ActiveX. Therefore, it's IE-only.

Cheers,

Yung-chung Lin

Dear all,

NVRmini is linux-based, but it requires IE to see the live view and playback. That's why you see Windows in the flyers. Our live view and playback utilize ActiveX. Therefore, it's IE-only.

Cheers,

Yung-chung Lin

I have had two systems that used IE, a cisco router that worked with IE 5 and my current security panel that worked with IE 6. Subsequent releases of IE were not backwards compatible. I had to trash the router but at least the security panel still works with Firefox. ActiveX is evil.

Dear all,

Cheers,

Yung-chung Lin

I have had two systems that used IE, a cisco router that worked with IE 5 and my current security panel that worked with IE 6. Subsequent releases of IE were not backwards compatible. I had to trash the router but at least the security panel still works with Firefox. ActiveX is evil.

Dear TastyHuman,

We understand your point. The configuration panel still works with Firefox, and we also understand ActiveX can be troubling sometimes. We are constantly improving the software, and will keep you posted with any updates.

Cheers,

Yung-chung Lin