SteveFD

Avtech & EagleEyes - What version & what Phone?

I can find very little information about EagleEyes and compatible mobile phones so I thought I'd start this thread as a resource. If you are successfully using EagleEyes on a mobile with Avtech DVRS or OEM'd Avetech's please help by posting what works for you and what doesn't.

The EagleEyes versions available are:

GPRS/3G Software (No idea what this is for, anybody?)

EagleEyes(J2ME)

EagleEyes(J2ME New version)

EagleEyes(For WinCE)

EagleEyes(For WinCE New Version)

Edited by Guest

My starters are:

HTC Artemis also know as (Dopod P800W) (HTC P3300)

Avetech 761

EagleEyes(For WinCE New Version) Runs

Notes:

Slow but suspect problem is GPRS radio stack in this phone.

Sometimes loses connection and has to auto re-login.

Occasionally will not reconnect until soft reset.

Occasionally cannot connect until DVR is powered on/off, suspect this is the DVR problem. Seems to behave better if use the EagleEyes disconnect button rather than just close the app.

Tested with WinMobile 5, 6.1 and 6.5

Will not run any of the other versions even with latest JME2 midlet manager installed.

Only this version works on this phone.

Motorola Ming A1200

Avetech 761

EagleEyes(J2ME New version)

Notes:

Very Fast

Gives error message when connecting about channel 16 but then presents the screen correctly and is working.

Sometimes loses connection and has to auto re-login.

Occasionally will not reconnect until soft reset.

Occasionally cannot connect until DVR is powered on/off, suspect this is the DVR problem.

Limited functionality when compared to the WinCE New version.

Only this version works on this phone.

More to come.....

Scorpion,

Thanks for the link to the EagleEyes manual (I didn't even know one existed!). The reason I am trying to build up a resource of models where we know EagleEyes definately works is because the mobile phone demo is a real WOW factor for potential customers but I cannot say with any certainty wether their current model is supported or not. I'm sure there are a few members in the same situation.

My region (Thailand) is GSM/Edge with 3G just coming on stream but I think most manufactures make basically the same phones for the US market with silghty different RF/Radio stacks. Any confirmations you can post about working phones and versions, especially Nokia N range would be gratefully received.

All the best

Steve

I do not have a lot of customers who have me set up cell phones for viewing.

This is why I have no information on what works, and what does not work.

It does not help that I am not a programmer by trade. Perhaps someday I will have someone on staff that understands Flash, and Java, and the various interactions where work around aps can be developed.

The problem that I have is the situation where most of my customers who buy the entry level DVRs are not going to spend more money to help "sponsor" research.

Take a fake example. If I were to tell someone that it would cost an extra $100.00 to set up cell phone viewing then all I would be listening to would be the sound of crickets in the background, and they would probably tell me "never mind".

All I can do is a cut and paste from this site, and shove the info on to a webpage, and just gather "evidence" for others to read.

Port 80 seems to be a common problem with cell phone viewing from what I have gathered. It is recommended in some cases to change it off of 80 due to cell phone service providers issues.

How does one decompile Eagle Eyes (new, or old)???

The biggest request right now is for the Iphone. All I can do is use an ap to get to a local Mac computer running Firefox, and then control the DVR from the desktop.

I would love to get an ap that would let an Iphone connect directly to an AVTech DVR.

My fear is that I am going to have to hire someone, and then advertise the solution, and then have to sell it for a profit, and use those funds to pay the person who created the software.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=16178

Imac

Airport Extreme

AVTECH 760

Video server e running on windows PC

Iphone

Jaadu VNC ( iphone app £14.99)

While I can not seam to run a native CCTV app on my iphone for the avtech with out spending some cash I though i would give this ago.

1. I downloaded jaadu VNC from the appstore ( they do mac and windows version) which in a nutshell is remote software for you MAC.

The software allows you to see you mac screen in full colour and zoom in.

2. I port forwarded using my airport extreme to my avtech 760 using video server e to set the ip address etc ( you can do this via the dvr direct but it's hard work) - PM me if you want details as it was not easy.

3. I fired up firefox which support java and logined in to my avetch via the browser.

4. I then fired up my remote viewing software on my iphone and there you have it - full colour, full key board control video server e software on my iphone ( well viewing on my iphone)

The good thing about jaadu VNC is that you can fully control you mac or PC, so you can select different cameras if you wish and it really does work.

I have used it over wifi and 3G perfectly. edge was a little slower but usable.

Limitations - none except you need to have you PC or MAC on. (On a mac you can wake from WAN if you are hardwired).

Hope this help fellow avtech and iphone users

Hello,

On HTC P3600 running under WinCE the software works fine.

On HTC Magic (Android cupcake 1.5) the software returns a "Login Failed" or sometimes "Network Error" both on 3G and WiFi connection.

My DVR is an AVTECH AVC760

Michel

Hello,

On HTC P3600 running under WinCE the software works fine.

On HTC Magic (Android cupcake 1.5) the software returns a "Login Failed" or sometimes "Network Error" both on 3G and WiFi connection.

My DVR is an AVTECH AVC760

Michel

Have you tried the GSM/3G and the original JME2 versions, if so do any run/install or still same problems?

Hello,

The J2ME original return the same results than the new version.

The GPRS/3G version don't connect to the server when i clic on the connect button.

Michel

i try to download EagleEyes(J2ME New version) in my nokia n79 through gprs

when i try to install it it closes connection.

after this i download it to my pc and i try to install it through nokia application installer.

it does not recognize EagleEyes.jad as a known file

what possible happens?

I'm using avtech 791.

Where can i download EagleEyes?

Which one should i download for my nokia 5800?

-GPRS/3G Software

-EagleEyes(J2ME)

-EagleEyes(J2ME New version)

-EagleEyes(For WinCE)

-EagleEyes(For WinCE New Version)

Avtech has posted two iPhone apps recently in the iTunes app store. They are called Eagle Eyes Plus and Eagle Eyes Lite. I installed the lite version on my iPhone, but was not able to get it to connect to my AVC760. I was able to get it to connect to a test DVR at the Avetch website, though. Based on three app store reviews, others are getting it to work. Has anyone else tried one of these apps?

Avtech has posted two iPhone apps recently in the iTunes app store. They are called Eagle Eyes Plus and Eagle Eyes Lite. I installed the lite version on my iPhone, but was not able to get it to connect to my AVC760. I was able to get it to connect to a test DVR at the Avetch website, though. Based on three app store reviews, others are getting it to work. Has anyone else tried one of these apps?

Just a dumb question for me!

What kind of hard drive does your AVC760 have?

(IDE Video Server E, SATA Video Viewer)

I have an IDE hard drive, and use Video Server E. I can get to the login screen on Safari on my iPhone, so I'm not sure why If I push the button to get the DVR type, I get an error on the Eagle Eyes iPhone app stating "the IP address is not accessible". If I try to connect to the DVR, I get no error, just a blank screen.

I am not sure, but I believe the version in the Apple store is for the SATA version.

It is a wild guess, but I do not think I would be to far from the mark.

You might try eagle eyes old version.

It seems the old version has disapeared off the internet.

hi im trying to connect to my avc 758 dvr with a nokia n82 cell but im having a login failed message

I have javelin 8900 and I installed the last version of the software to him eagle eye and on having connected there goes out for me conect fail that can be. That another software for cctv exists that it is free or of payment to prove it.

This topic is getting a quick bump from me

I can now view my AVC760 (IDE) over the internet on an Android phone (HTC Legend).

To do this I installed App Runner which allows any Java/J2ME/MIDP program to run on android: http://www.netmite.com/android/

Then I got the EagleEyes Java file hosted by Scorpion: http://scorpiontheater.com/Documents/EagleEyesJava.rar

And converted it to .APK Using an online tool: http://www.netmite.com/android/srv/1.6/getapk.php

The results are not exactly pretty, but it does at least let me see something of what's happening on my surveillance cameras. Hopefully it won't be long until AVTECH release an official Android version (let's hope it works with all the "old" AVC760's and the like out there)

The app is now on the Android market. Has anyone installed it yet? I have and it looks good but it only seems to work over wifi. Anyone else experienced this?

Hi,

I have a AVC760Z(US)-B

I installed eagleeys 1.2.7

I have a BB 9700.

I can view the test cams with bot port 80 and 88

I am having trouble viewing my cam via my AVC760Z.

I can view it on the wen no problem.

Any thoughts on how to get it on my BB.

I tried to download the gprs software but it would go on my BB.

Thanks-

Hello, i have wasted around 2 days trying to get eagleeyes to work on my HTC wildfire s. The DVR works fine with video viewer and eagleeyes lite+ works when connected to wifi (LAN) but will not work at all when out and about. I get the error msg IP not accessible. I have tried everything i can think of, even disabled the firewall on the router, and tried forwarding the ports, i have tried it setup with static ip, dchp and pppoe, every ways works fine when running in the LAN with WIFI but not at all when you try 3g.

Can anyone help??? thinking on returning the whole system if i cant get it to work.

Many thanks in advance