Hi

i have a customer who has his cameras wired using s-video cable for both video signal and power supply.

Now, i need to replace one of his cameras by a new one, wich has BNC and standart power connectors.

what is the wiring of that svideo cable ?

maybe someone got any idea what is the best way to connect such a cable to camera ? the only thought i have is to cut off s-video connector and replace it by BNC and power connector

how is he powering a CCTV camera with an S-Video Cable ..its not possible ... at least not with the connector on the end of it. Otherwise surely you can splice the existing cable ..use the free wire for positive, ground for the camera from ground for the power, OR just plug it in locally with a transformer.

the connectors are not actually s-video, but mini-DIN, like keyboard or mouse, with 6 pins.

so i just gonna buy a keyboard cable and splice it rather than existing cable.

hope interferences won't be too strong

Hi, first post!

Got the same problem with connections.

Wanting to upgrde cameras and use existing wires which have 4 pin mini- din plugs which carry 12v,video and sound.

Any ideas the best way to convert back to regular power supplies and bnc connectors for video?

Thanks!

something like this ..

http://www.seco-larm.com/EVPPT11_C.htm

Cant run them long though as you will experience video quality loss as well as other issues. Also, Distance of 12VDC over CAt5 has its limits also, depends on the camera you are using. If you only have 2 pairs (4 wires) then you will only be able to run video and power. Audio can sometimes share the ground with the power. if its one of those jwin type all in one telco camera systems, but not always. Either way not enough wires unless you have 3 pair. or at least 5 wires.

Rory

Thank rory, and vst man

so the balun would use 2 of the four cores?

The other2 remaining cores could be used to send the 12v +&-

not really worried about audio on the new camera's unless it was an option.

yeah, just watch the distances. I got 2 different brands of passive Baluns at a site doing 150' and the quality loss and white IRE is off even on that short distance. Im going to have to try doubling up or install an active Cat5 tranceiver. And you cant run 12VDC too far also ..on just 1 pair.

Rory

yeah, 50' is fine .. yeah balun at each end. You just use 1 pair for the balun and 1 pair for the power which you join yourself. The Video pair either screws or clips into the balun depending on the make.

So what was the resolution in the end. I am having a similar situation. I am upgrading a system and was hoping to use the existing cabling but on closer inspection it is a 4 pin s-video type connector which has power and signal. The cameras are toc-328 http://www.tevicom.co.kr/products/Observation%20System/sub_1_3.htm

Is it going to be easier runnnig new cables or trying to make up an end to convert it into seperate power and a bnc?

i've converted it into power and bnc

it took me quite a while to find wiring diagram on the internet, but still less work than pulling new cables

if you need i can sed you the pdf i've found

How did you convert it COm4?

Im after keeping the existing cameras and switcher but adding a quad screen muliplex.

Could i make a lead ,

4 pin mini din plug to 4 pin socket and between them sourcing the video lead and fitting this to a bnc plug to give an extra video output to the new multiplex?

i just took male mini-din connector and soldened to it a male bnc and female power connectors, than plugged it into existing female connector on the cable and that's it

i don't think that there should be any problem to do what you intent to

I've been upgrading the cameras on an svat kit. Use these

PTBNC-302 Samsung 6 Pin Mini Din Male to BNC Video and Power Adapter

Little spendy but easy.