jason0595

2 IP Cam set up in & out door help

I’m in the process of installing data cables (CAT6) around my house and will be looking for 2 IP cameras to hook up to it.

1) The first will be an indoor baby monitor so we can watch our newborn at night from down stairs on the PC, also the grandparents can watch by login in from their house. This camera needs to see in the dark quite well, but won’t be used during the day. 1 way audio pickup would be a bonus

2) The other cam will monitor our front garden where the fence keeps getting kicking in. I will install the cam under the roof arch so it won’t need complete waterproofing. This one will also need to be able to pick out faces from about 22feet (5.5 metres) in darken light. The council have just put a big street light outside our house so it’s not in complete darkness. I will require PC software to control and record this over the Ethernet, I was looking at LuxRiot.

I’m not looking to buy a DVR or PVR as both will be accessed and operated via a PC. I’m also not looking to spend loads. Budget for baby monitor cam £40-80 and the outside up to £150

Any help or advice would be welcome as there are so many cams around I’m just getting lost!

You can ask suppliers to provide you a live dome, you can demonstrate to determine whether or not in accordance with easy-to-use and stability

Not an expert but I'm betting your outdoor cam does need waterproofing. Condensation will likely take its toll even if it stays completely dry in the rain.