CCTVINSTALLER

Recording TV in

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if this was possible, i want to record a TV program using one of my Geovision systems (The apprentice ! I have a gv650, so i'll have one channel connected, ive managed to get the video and audio recording using a scart lead. Now here's the problem, Geovision records in 5 minute intervals, how would i go about merging all the video and audio files in one file?

I know i could just get a DVD recorder, but im a Brit and i like making life difficult for myself , any suggestions would be appreciated, Cheers!

Man, I got digital cable, so I have the DVR service, I just set the damm thing to record my shows and watch them when I get home.

Why the hell make my life difficult, when 9.99 a month extra makes my life easy?

True, i just wanted to see if it would be possible. Anyway, got my hands on a Philips DVD Recorder from one of my distributors, Rory so whats goin on bahamas, thinking of moving any time soon?

Well my Brother is in Machester and wants me to come over there .. says its so much better way of life than we have here, no doubt ..cost of living is so much lower, etc ... and lots of jobs

but i need money first .. No matter where I go ..

So im hanging in for now .. meeting with 2 of the richest investors in the bahamas, this week, about a large CCTV job..

also going to be gettin some stock, well so the colleague says .. will see what conspires this week, i was going to borrow $10K myself just to but the essentials and start going from biz to biz and just start selling/installing, but will see what happens ..

cheers ..

Rory

Man, I got digital cable, so I have the DVR service, I just set the damm thing to record my shows and watch them when I get home.

Why the hell make my life difficult, when 9.99 a month extra makes my life easy?

Yes, from Comcast you can get a HD DVR for $10 more per month. Pretty sweet deal for HD freaks, when you consider the only HD DVR alternative is buying a DTV box for around $1000.

originally posted by CCTVINSTALLER

i want to record a TV program using one of my Geovision systems (The apprentice

CCTVINSTALLER, ever thought of using an Amstrad Computer ?

(Brit joke guys!)

originally posted by CCTVINSTALLER

i want to record a TV program using one of my Geovision systems (The apprentice

CCTVINSTALLER, ever thought of using an Amstrad Computer ?

(Brit joke guys!)

Would you kindly explain the joke for us?

and by the way UK guys, is Packard Bell still in business over there?

Originally posted by rory:

Well my Brother is in Machester and wants me to come over there .. says its so much better way of life than we have here, no doubt ..cost of living is so much lower, etc ... and lots of jobs

So rory, it looks like we're all aiming to move to Manchester then

Herminshs,

The programm CCTV wants to record is called "The Apprentice".

A gentleman by the name of Alan Sugar (Sir Alan actually), is currently participating in a reality TV show where each week he fires a would be apprentice that doesn't quite make the grade. The show started off with (I think) 6 guys and 6 gals, and at the end of the run, the one who is left standing will get a job working for Sir Alan.

He originally made his fortune in the early '80's by launching a computer company called Amstrad Electronics (at that time, he was to computers in the UK, what Apple was in the States). As a 'no nonsense' businessman, his current fortune is estimated at something in excess of US$ 1.25bn.

I guess some jokes just kind of lose it in translation ...

And yes, as far as I am aware, Packard Bell are alive and kicking this side of the pond, unlike Tivo, which I have yet to encounter other than by reputation.