bryan1656

Anyone play with one of these B/W HiRes/Low Lux bullets?

B/W Hi-Res Low Lux Bullet Camera

• 600 Lines of Resolution Sony ExView CCD

• Low 0.0003 Lux Rating @ F2.0

• 3.6mm 92° Field of View Mini Lens

• Built-in Electronic Shutter & 45dB S/N

• Compact Swivel Mounting Bracket

• Automatic Gain Control

• Sleek 0.74â€

To Start with, ignore the lux settings .. its just something to make the client buy .. If there is no light there is no usable picture

There are several different qualities of Exview CCD's. They come in different resolutions and low light sensitivities. It is also a function of the camera electronics behind the CCD to make a pleasing picture. So depending on how much you pay for it, who makes it, will depend on how good the actual quality of the video will be .. in other words, the electronics in a Bullet camera do not quite match a Pro Camera, but nowadays they can come pretty darn close. If you pay $80 for an exview bullet, dont expect it to perform like the $150 exview bullet though ..

Who makes it and how much is it?

You can pm with price if you like.

Rory

PMs out to you both.

I'm like you guys... a little incredulous.

Perhaps the ExView CCD can do those specs... but with THAT lens, on THAT board???

I dunno. I was hoping maybe someone could give me a yea or nea... but just about wither way, it is too tempting not to get one and run it through it's paces.

Even if it only works at 2/3 of the advertised specs, I could use the heck out of an easy to install weatherproof camera.

Why is the identity of this camera being kept secret? I thought the purpose of this forum was to share information.

Most B/W Exview cameras are advertised at 0.003 Lux.

I think someone just might have added another 0 to their advert?

Please PM price & model No, if you want to, & I'll compare the spec with the ones we have used.