mycctv

"spy camera" real use?

I was wondering if security professionals or companies actually use these "spy cam" style products, also are there any spy/mini/micro cameras that can hook up to a dvr? most seem to hook up to a vcr or tv.

I found these two websites:

[no link]

[no link]

For those people who use mini cameras for home or business security, what advantages or disadvantages do they have?

Thanks.

Be careful of a company who states:

"It will Wok for you or your money back!" I think you want a camera that works, not woks! This isn't cooking!

Meanwhile, any camera that can be recorded by a VCR can be recorded by a DVR. The only difference would be the connector (RCA versus BNC) and you can buy adaptors between the two real cheap.

For those people who use mini cameras for home or business security, what advantages or disadvantages do they have?

Usually, they're trading off picture quality for small size. To coin an old phrase, "Small, cheap, good - pick two."

I actually have the gum stick camera. You can find it alot cheaper than listed there. Should be around $80 with micro sd card. There are some pros and cons though.

pros: extremely small size stick gum, very easy to charge and uplink to computer micro usb and it plays through quicktime. One button recording.

cons: mine does not have the clip I see that alot of the newer generation ones do, no timestamp, LED's are bright on front. not good for low light situations.

If that is the case then do not romp in bed with the major movie actresses.

You may find yourself as part of the their "next" marketing campaign!

I thought about getting the eyeball cam once to play with, from those supplied pictures on their website I'm glad I didn't now. Those of the vehicle in broad daylight seem to dark. This should be the best the camera will do since it has plenty of light, just think how dark it would be in a normal room. I do have the 4gb pen camera, it works pretty good but don't think I would bet my investigation on it. Get a decent DVR (even a one channel if thats all you need) and a good pin hole or lipstick cam. Both can be hidden just as easily (the camera that is) and the video will be alot better.

Those DVR ball cameras seem to do a good job of being discrete and recording in motion. Here is the link for one that is the lowest price I found out there:

[no link]