dopalgangr

Help PRETTY PLEASE. Need cable for Dome Camera

Hello all,

I have a dome camera (Laice LVD-SE920XI-36DUFH ) that I got a little rough with trying to fish the cable and pulled the BNC connector off the end.

I did a repair on the cable but the wires are so fine that it just isn't getting a great picture now and I would like to just replace it. Of course after several attempts to contact the company (Korea) they never respond. I assume this maybe a standard type cable used on many different dome cameras?? If anyone has one they will part with or sell me I would be very grateful, thanks. Heres some pics (big ones)

This is the camera end connector (white and blacks) the other end has the power and video BNC-

102595_1.jpg

Whole camera:

102595_2.jpg

Where's my CCTV brethren when I need them?

If all you need is a BNC you can simply solder in one of those thin cheapy service port monitor pigtail cables. You should have dozens of them laying around. Very easy and done!

Thanks Tailbone, I did exactly that already (although my soldering skills suck) and I think thats the problem why the video looks like crap. Maybe I need to find someone who knows what their doing with a soldering gun

Thanks again though for your input

Thanks Tailbone, I did exactly that already (although my soldering skills suck) and I think thats the problem why the video looks like crap. Maybe I need to find someone who knows what their doing with a soldering gun

Thanks again though for your input

Yeah I kinda take it for granted that I have good soldering skills and assume it's an easy task for other people. You might want to start over and make a nice clean cut in the cable and tin the leads with solder prior to soldering them to the PCB. This makes it much easier. Also, keep in mind that you need to provide a decent strain relief as you don't want to rip circuity traces should this get pulled again. Good luck.