96TL

4-channel camera system - Advice?

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. I've been reading and learning a lot, but I am completely new to the CCTV scene.

I recently purchased a home, and my fiancee and think security cameras would be a good investment. Hopefully they will deter anyone from messing around. We live in a great neighborhood, but it's a VERY quiet block, and cameras and an alarm will give us some peace of mind. I decided to DIY the install. Fishing the wires and hooking everything up is no problem for me, but I'm having a difficult time selecting the equipment.

I decided on a 4-channel dome IR camera system with an H.264 DVR. I narrowed it down to these two cameras. There is a $120 per camera price difference, but both have VERY similar specs. Camera B is the more expensive camera. The only major differences I see is slightly better resolution and more IR LEDs on camera B.

SPECS CAMERA A ($132.60)

Image Sensor: 1/3" Sony High Resolution CCD

Signal System: NTSC

Effective Pixels: 768 (H) x 494 (V)

Resolution: 550 TV Lines

Min. Illumination: 0.0Lux ( IR on )

S/N Ratio: More than 48dB

Auto Electronic Shutter: 1/60 to 1/100,000 sec

Lens Types: 4~9mm Vari-focal Lens

Infrared LED: 36 Pieces

Infrared Distance: 98’

Video Output: 1.0Vp-p 75ohm

Power Supply: DC 12V, 500mA Min. (1A Recommended )

Indoor/Outdoor - Weather Proof

SPECS CAMERA B ($249.99)

Image Sensor: 1/3â€

From a real world you can count on 1/2 the distance that is stated in the Infrared Distance 80 feet will work about 40 feet most of the time. As for the specs I see very little difference B has a little more zoom. If you do not mind you could list brand and model number someone may have tried them and could tell you how they worked for them. The IR's have a projection pattern could be wide or tight which may not be know unless you have used that camera before. Some cheaper IR cameras also are built with what ever parts are on hand at the time of being built so they do not perform the same from camera to camera. You are doing the right thing by asking as many questions you can so you get the best system for your money. Also remember wide angle lets you see more the person in the view will not be as clear as 2 times the cameras zoomed in. 4 wide does not have the same clearity as 8 zoomed in looking at the same area.

Camera A - #SVCMD708H

Camera B - #DPRO-EC550VF2

I'm not even sure what company produces these cameras. It doesn't even say.

Camera A I have tested in the office and is not bad as a entry level camera. Also night vision as stated about 1/2 listed from my testing.

Camera B states IR's at 20 degrees and 45 degrees offset. This camera I have not seen or used.

Both cameras were found on google search and sold in the US.

Have you ever had any experience with the ICREALTIME "ICR300H2"? It's about $300+. Thanks a lot for the help. This is very confusing.

Image Sensor

1/3" SONY Super HAD CCD

Resolution

540 TV Lines

Effective Pixel

Minimum Illumination

1 Lux Color; 0 Lux (IR on)

S/N Ratio

> 50dB

Signal Format

NTSC / PAL

Lens

3.5mm-8mm Vari-Focal

Gain Control

AUTO

Auto Shutter (AES)

NTSC/EIA: 1/50~ 1/12,000 sec.; PAL/CCIR: 1/50 ~ 1/100,000 sec.

Gamma Correction

White Balance

Auto

Infrared LED Range

Up to 60 feet

Video Output

BNC 1.0Vp-p 75 Ohm

Power Supply

12V DC

Power Consumption

350mA

Working Temperature

-0°C ~ +50°C ( 32°F ~ 122°F)

Working Humidity

10% - 90%

Barometric Pressure

86kpa - 106kpa

By the way, I just found out that CCTV Camera Pros is the manufacturer of camera B. #DPRO-EC550VF2

its funny to see a super had 1/3 ccd camera wich need 1 lux for colour, and than you need to go IR to get a "good" black and white picture.

Go to the sony website where all the original models are with the real specs than you see that you maybe don,t need IR and have a real good camera.

You have an original sony type ssc473SSCE473 1/3" SuperEXwave Color Video Camera with 540 Lines (Day/Night Yes) for $364.00 U.S. (sony advise List Price but can be found for sale for $200 ex lens and housing) http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-SSCE473/

or a jvc-tkc920u ($160). Buy a good lens and a outdoor housing and you have a good system. If you don't have light than ad some extra lights wich go on with an Passive infrared detector. Also nice whem you came home and its dark and the lights go on.

succes

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. I've been reading and learning a lot, but I am completely new to the CCTV scene.

I recently purchased a home, and my fiancee and think security cameras would be a good investment. Hopefully they will deter anyone from messing around. We live in a great neighborhood, but it's a VERY quiet block, and cameras and an alarm will give us some peace of mind. I decided to DIY the install. Fishing the wires and hooking everything up is no problem for me, but I'm having a difficult time selecting the equipment.

I decided on a 4-channel dome IR camera system with an H.264 DVR. I narrowed it down to these two cameras. There is a $120 per camera price difference, but both have VERY similar specs. Camera B is the more expensive camera. The only major differences I see is slightly better resolution and more IR LEDs on camera B.

SPECS CAMERA A ($132.60)

Image Sensor: 1/3" Sony High Resolution CCD

Signal System: NTSC

Effective Pixels: 768 (H) x 494 (V)

Resolution: 550 TV Lines

Min. Illumination: 0.0Lux ( IR on )

S/N Ratio: More than 48dB

Auto Electronic Shutter: 1/60 to 1/100,000 sec

Lens Types: 4~9mm Vari-focal Lens

Infrared LED: 36 Pieces

Infrared Distance: 98’

Video Output: 1.0Vp-p 75ohm

Power Supply: DC 12V, 500mA Min. (1A Recommended )

Indoor/Outdoor - Weather Proof

SPECS CAMERA B ($249.99)

Image Sensor: 1/3â€