jeromephone

multiple LCD monitors

I have a customer that wants to replace some CRT monitors with five 42" lcd monitors I have looked at orion and LG I can get a better price on LG but wonder what anyone has used in this type of operation. I am panning on just feeding raw video form a multiex or a loop-out card but would like to be able to show computer screen or spread computer image over multiple units.

Not sure exactly what your setup is but, i would suggest LCD over plasma due to better life, they are cheaper, and higher resolution for a affordable price.

I don't think your customer is going to be happy with the results of this exercise: unless the monitors are very high-end with high-quality up-converting, the pictures you get on it feeding it composite video will be grainy and distorted (stretched to fit the wide-screen format).

The only way to really make it work PROPERLY is to feed the VGA or DVI output of a computer display into the monitors, set them up as multiple desktops (can be done with multiple video cards) and let the computers scale and display the images properly.

I have a customer that wants to replace some CRT monitors with five 42" lcd monitors I have looked at orion and LG I can get a better price on LG but wonder what anyone has used in this type of operation. I am panning on just feeding raw video form a multiex or a loop-out card but would like to be able to show computer screen or spread computer image over multiple units.

I have used those USB - DVI adapters (although for your app you may want the USB-VGA) at work to hook up to 4 monitors (probably can do more just havent tried more) without any issues. These are the ones I have used made by Startech http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=usb+to+dvi+adapter&cid=16969941086576666613&sa=title#p

Gefen also makes higher end ones if needed.