Tailbone215

How would you rate the BOSCH AutoDome IP 500i?

For overall performance, reliability, and ease of maintenance should it need it? Any other recommendations for a comparable product?

I'm considering this for an application in an area with the possibility of RF radiation (Business UHF/VHF radio tower) and am primarily concerned about RF immunity.

Thanks.

they lent us an auto dome for 2 months to integrate it into our mobile phone apps. we actually just presented to them at their annual conference a couple of days ago in PA.

not sure about RF but the quality was solid. response from a joystick was instantaneous. you can use vidos or web page to view along with our app now. we only support full ptz on Blackberry right now. the other phones types are being worked on now but all support direct jpg stream (Android, Blackberry, Iphone, WinMo).

there was no maintenance required during the time we had it. we had a demo unit so it was basically setup right in the box on a flip up pole. setup was not too complicated if you have worked with these types of units before.

vidos has tons of configuration options although we couldn't get their mpg4 streams in our app; however it works fine in vidos/IE.

the video is labeled in sectors which i have not seen before. i never bothered to ask them about it as we were swamped with Q&A at the conference and didn't have much free time.