Mnorman

Backup QPlayer issues

So has anyone had any issues with the backup function?

I have a 6480EXP card and using the .13 software, and until now every other part of the software has worked great for my purposes; but when I tried the backup function and then burned all the files to a CD-R, it does not seem to play the video on a different computer.

I think it is a codec issue, but I don't understand why the manual, or the software for that matter, gives one the ability to choose the QPlayer program to be included in a backup of video, but then it not use the codecs that go along with it.

The manual also says that when you use the backup and choose to include the player, it should also include the Qlogviewer. I noticed in the Backup window that the little check box only says "Include Player when backup" and nothing about the Logger.

I really would like to figure this Player issue on other computers since that seems to be a better choice for archiving data that I have to send to Police Departments. That would give them the ability to take snapshots and such a little easier than in a Windows Media Player setting, plus it is faster than converting MBs of data to AVI or MPeg.

Thanks for any suggestions...

System Specs:

Gigabyte MOBO GA-EP45-UP3P

Intel Q9550 Yorkfield

4x1GB Corsair RAM 1066 DDR2

PC Power & Cooling 860W PSU

EVGA 512-P3-N973 9800GT Video Card

NV6480EXP card

Plextor PX-850A DVDRW 22x

WD1001FALS 1TB x3 Hard drives

WD5000AAKB 500GB Hard drive

Acer x223 22" x2 wide screen LCDs

hi. when you have backed up to disk will it run on another pc i.e do you get the screen up or do you get nothing at all.. you only need player not qplayer.

I get the UI that comes up and the time index starts running in the player. The only thing I don't get is the video in the little viewable squares. There is a briefed line that flashes in the back square when playback starts, but then nothing.

The files that the backup function puts into the backup folder are as follows:

Folder: Current Date - with DVR files

Folder: BMP

Folder: Language

.dll files:

Audiodec

AVSCodec51

decode

deinterlace

ijl15

IPCJD20

MPEG1Encoder

NVDH50

NVDHE50

NVDMD50

NVDME50

Postprocess

XRYpassd

backup - config settings

Qplayer - config settings

WM - BIN file

Qplayer.exe

Hope this helps. It does seem that everything works except that there is no video when the player plays the .dvr files. I can get the Qplayer.exe to play videos on the computer that has the full Avermedia program installed on it that saves the data, but no other computer that I copy the backup folder onto.

OK problem solved. I tested the Qplayer application on multiple computers and it only presented itself on our main processing computer for reports and arrests and such.

It turns out that the computer in question is the only one in the department that has a radeon card in it, and the driver version was 1.5 years old. It should be noted that all our computers running Nvidia drivers up to 2 years old work flawlessly with the Qplayer.

Qplayer did not work with a Radeon 2400XT card running driver version 8.473.0.0 for reference, but seems to be working with the newest driver 9.7.

Thanks for your help, I bet I will have some more questions when the second 6480EXP card gets here tomorrow.