Zyra Tech

System design help needed!

I'm doing a bid for a car dealership. They have full time off-duty police officers that roam the premises. They want to add a surveillance system to record activity and to help supplement the officers ability to "see" the premises. They are probably going to add some PTZ's and multiple fixed cams.

My question is this..... They want to give the officers the ability to see the cameras on a laptop or pda as they roam around the area. If possible they also want to give them the ability to control the PTZ cams as well.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance.

A wi-fi network with some remote lan software. We could do it, Geovision could as well. Of course there is the idea of pulling a security system on a wi-fi network...but it's what the client wants.

A wi-fi network with some remote lan software. We could do it, Geovision could as well. Of course there is the idea of pulling a security system on a wi-fi network...but it's what the client wants.

Yep, Geovision definitely springs to mind when you talk about PDA View, you can also check out the I-view cards, they seem to have PDA software, not sure if you can control PTZ cams though, you'll need to contact hermin on this forum regarding I-view

Hi.

The I-view supports PTZ cameras, and you can control them from Pocket PC devices.

I just did a HUGE (64cams) (16PTZ) job in a similar setting, but this was a auto dealership (BMW, MERCEDES, FERRARI, ASTRO,BENTLEY, plus others), Auto Body Shop, mechanic shop, detailing shop, and even a performace shop, it took us about 2 months to finish, and we used 4 DIGI-1600XP DVRS, and the guards had 4 Ipaq's. What I did was setup a WIFI-54G network around the whole complex, and with their IPAQ'S, If CONFIGURED RIGHT, we where able to get close to 25 fps on the screens, very very hard to do, but since they had the money, we where able to get these wifi adapters from buffalo technologies for the ipaqs that supported 54g bandwith.

Plus, on their patrol car, they had a wifi laptop, which they used the freeview software to remotelly view everything REALTIME.

I seriously wanted to post pics of the whole job, but a contract that I signed with them won't allow me, but I can tell you that this was a goddam piece of work.

Zyra, send me a PM on what you exactly need, and I'll see how I can give you a hand.

if you want something that looks like its made by a kindergarden student, then geovision ... he he he he .. its "unprofessional".

check out the iview cards, at least their software looks professional.

i dont know if any stand alones RTOS (real) DVRs that do pocket PC yet..