rawbe

IE Live View

I'm typing in my IP Address and port setting and I cannot view my DVR with the IE Live View. The DVR is hooked up to my broadband with an ethernet cable and it's also wireless.

I also tried CMS Lite and I get an invaild message.

Any help would be great!!

Robbie

My DVR is a EV-8000. I changed the DVR's IP to my Netopia's router gateway address. Both units have the same gateway address and subnet mask address. My router does not have the Applications & Gaming Section / Servers of the Router, you need to add a Server/Application option. I'm using the 7000 port of the DVR.

CMS lite and IE opens now but it kicks me offline when it connects to the DVR. I still didn't see a picture though.

Thanks for your replies,

Robbie

For the Netopia router, you have to access "Expert Mode" and then go to NAT and enter Define Custom Service to forward port 7000 to your DVR. Make sure you set up a static IP for the DVR in its setup page.

Try to check and see how it goes:

1. Reset up local network and remote network well;

2. Reset the security options of your PC;

The options I found in advance mode:

IPMaps Set up NAT one-to-one IP address mappings

Default Server Set up NAT default server options

NAT Table Monitoring Set up NAT Table Monitoring options

For the DVR What should the IP Address, Netmask, Gateway, DNS Server be? I tried all the steps for port forwarding listed on this website with no results.

Please help, my boss wants this fixed!

ok......I created a pinhole for the DVR and wrote down the router's internal ip address listed after I created the pinhole. Changed the ip address and gateway address on the DVR to the router's internal ip address. I also change the port of the DVR to what I found on the router (port80).

Now I can connect with CMS Lite without the program kicking me off line in IE BUT the boxes are black, NO PICTURE.

Did I set it up correctly? If I did set up right (which would be pure luck) what is the next step? I am using Vista on a brand new laptop.

robbie