thewireguys

How to setup ACTI camera for different lighting conditions

so if I want to use this Acti ACM-4200 along with a couple other CCTV cameras such as day Night IR bullets, what do you recommend using for recording etc? Normally i would use Geo but they dont seem to support Acti. Does the camera has its own recording software thats free? Any other 1.3MP cameras in the similar price range? This would just be the color camera for indoors, the Day Night would be regular CCTV bullet and dome cameras for the low light etc. Figure it would be the 1.3MP inside and 1 IR bullet outside. Obviously only way to sell this here is to keep the price very low. (remember when it lands here it will be approx 2-3 times the cost after shipping and customs then it has to be warrantied which will be much higher also due to shipping costs, and then we have to make something)

may be have a look at Aver hybrid board

so if I want to use this Acti ACM-4200 along with a couple other CCTV cameras such as day Night IR bullets, what do you recommend using for recording etc? Normally i would use Geo but they dont seem to support Acti. Does the camera has its own recording software thats free? Any other 1.3MP cameras in the similar price range? This would just be the color camera for indoors, the Day Night would be regular CCTV bullet and dome cameras for the low light etc. Figure it would be the 1.3MP inside and 1 IR bullet outside. Obviously only way to sell this here is to keep the price very low. (remember when it lands here it will be approx 2-3 times the cost after shipping and customs then it has to be warrantied which will be much higher also due to shipping costs, and then we have to make something)

may be have a look at Aver hybrid board

Thanks, but I cant stand Avermedia's software. at least the DVR software.

Any other ideas? What about Exact or other for even just 1 channel only?

i installed the exact vision server but there is no program .. strange .. just an uninstall file, core exe, and a send mail thing and eplayer .. is that normal? basically no server app.. oh well

i installed the exact vision server but there is no program .. strange .. just an uninstall file, core exe, and a send mail thing and eplayer .. is that normal? basically no server app.. oh well

Rory

Exacq runs as win service !

when u start Exacq client u have to add server ( setup page)

configure server and so on .... or call pro

Basically Your Client is your GUI for Server

Edited by Guest

If you download the server bundle, on setup it will install the server, client, and web server. As stated above, the recording is a service, you'll find it in services under "ExacqVision Server".

There are no controls for the server, it is all through the client S/W, if they are on the same machine, they talk through local loopback, 127.0.0.1, port 22609 ( I had firewall S/W block it once, and it wouldn't work, even on the same machine.)....But I'm sure Rory wants to try it in Linux, right?

If you download the server bundle, on setup it will install the server, client, and web server. As stated above, the recording is a service, you'll find it in services under "ExacqVision Server".

There are no controls for the server, it is all through the client S/W, if they are on the same machine, they talk through local loopback, 127.0.0.1, port 22609 ( I had firewall S/W block it once, and it wouldn't work, even on the same machine.)....But I'm sure Rory wants to try it in Linux, right?

Rory I have idea

its call remote help

do u want us to do it ?

I just downloaded the new release 3.6 and it pulls video much fast over the network and they added the Smart Search which is handy. Really easy to ungraded just install over top your previous version. The hardest part was finding the current version that I was running.

I just downloaded the new release 3.6 and it pulls video much fast over the network and they added the Smart Search which is handy. Really easy to ungraded just install over top your previous version. The hardest part was finding the current version that I was running.

Top right corner "Exacqvision" logo

click and see your ver number

which u probably know by now

Rory

Basically Your Client is your GUI for Sever

Thanks, Im not impressed, I will search for another software.

Rory

What don't you like?

Rory

Why would you give up ?

Explain plz

FYI Acti does come with free 16Ch DVR software, its not bad for free !

Im having trouble getting a 3401 to work at night tho with 100W spotlights

the software takes forever to update when you change settings like the shutter etc...

the PPT bombs out

FYI Acti does come with free 16Ch DVR software, its not bad for free !

Im having trouble getting a 3401 to work at night tho with 100W spotlights

the software takes forever to update when you change settings like the shutter etc...

the PPT bombs out

You are the first person that has said something positive about Acti's software

Rory

At first, I was a little startled by you not liking Exacq... But then I thought back to when I first tried Exacq, and my impression wasn't that good at first, either.

Not sure why, maybe, it just seemed really...plain, I guess, and the playback was a little odd.

It wasn't until after Milestone's round of price hikes a while back, I looked at it again, and really spent some time working with it, and really began to like it.

Now, it's becoming neck and neck between Milestone and Exacq, for me. The ability to view multiple sites, and control settings on all through the GUI, isn't in Milestone until you get to a product level that is over FOUR times the cost per channel.

And now that Milestone is asking for all end user information on every install with their product (I assume to avoid us reselling it wholesale, but it still makes me nervous giving all of my customer info to a vendor who could give my business to another integrator), It is pushing me even more towards Exacq.

Maybe, just spend a little more time with it. Try out the digital PTZ control with a joystick, and the digital PTZ presets, and the ExacqRecall feature( the hospital I just installed it at love those features), and they liked the GUI and controls as much or more than the DVR's we've had in there for years.

Rory

At first, I was a little startled by you not liking Exacq... But then I thought back to when I first tried Exacq, and my impression wasn't that good at first, either.

Not sure why, maybe, it just seemed really...plain, I guess, and the playback was a little odd.

It wasn't until after Milestone's round of price hikes a while back, I looked at it again, and really spent some time working with it, and really began to like it.

Now, it's becoming neck and neck between Milestone and Exacq, for me. The ability to view multiple sites, and control settings on all through the GUI, isn't in Milestone until you get to a product level that is over FOUR times the cost per channel.

And now that Milestone is asking for all end user information on every install with their product (I assume to avoid us reselling it wholesale, but it still makes me nervous giving all of my customer info to a vendor who could give my business to another integrator), It is pushing me even more towards Exacq.

Maybe, just spend a little more time with it. Try out the digital PTZ control with a joystick, and the digital PTZ presets, and the ExacqRecall feature( the hospital I just installed it at love those features), and they liked the GUI and controls as much or more than the DVR's we've had in there for years.

I have to agree with Hardwired. It does seam alittle plain when you first use it but after you understand how it works it is very powerfull. The help feature is very convenient and it will run on very lite machines.

I just installed the Exacq suite but the client wont see the server.

In XP services it wont start either ?

mmmmmmm

Will have another go later [with a scotch n coke]

ps I must say I also hate stuffing about with MAC address for software !

It makes replacing cameras a pain also.

Hello! I found this topic too late. Now the discussion has drifted a bit. Is there anything I can help you with ACM-4200 settings?

oh....

wish list Mr Acti :

Timed settings for day and night

full shutter control

z

YES!!! Or even better... on-board photocell dependent settings.

I.E.

when

when >X lumens then X shutter speed, X white balance, X AGC, contrast, etc

oh....

wish list Mr Acti :

Timed settings for day and night

full shutter control

z

YES!!! Or even better... on-board photocell dependent settings.

I.E.

when

when >X lumens then X shutter speed, X white balance, X AGC, contrast, etc

And get the new firmware working with Exacq

Have any of you guys had any issues with the Acti - IR cams before.

A couple of our installers have complained that there seems to be a smudge, like a blur in the centre of the pic when heavy sunlight?! All settings are pretty much there, but yet it cant seem to focus in the middle of the pic.

It is the ACM- 1431 IR Bullet, which runs at 25/30 fps at D1(720x480 NTSC ; 720x576 PAL)

Compared to the ACM-1231, which runs at roughly 15fps at D1 is picture perfect (literally!!)

tried it, still not satisfactory.

Its on all three they have there, may be a manuf. issue?? on that model perhaps...