Sign in to follow this  
jacan

Ip cameras over coaxial cable.

Hello,

I´m new here. I´ve a question:

Is possible using an ip camera like sony ones over a coaxial (BNC) cabling?

Some ip cameras have an analogic coaxial BNC output to conventional installations, but in that case tha camara operates like an analog one.

I need an ip camera over an coaxial cable. I´m not interested in ip servers (at the moment) for using with my existing analog cams.

Is there any converter or adapter that works in this way?

Regards.

As i said i need an ip camera over an coaxial cable.This is because there is an existing cabling with coaxial to old analogic cameras and it is not posible now to cable all the facility with UTP.

I know i have the wireless way, but i don´t like much as my first option.

It can be done, the tough part is connecting it to a kind of router. You might be able to use a balan to Cat5 at the router end, but you can do it. It's not fun, and it's going to be painful but doable.

Now.... I have a question. Why in the world would you need to run a Network camera over coax if you dont even need built-in Web Server in the first place??????

As you know IP camera is the same as analog camera - only it converts signal in IP. So let me draw it for you:

Analog -> IP -> Analog(coax) -> NVR or DVR?

If you want to use DVR then you dont need Network cameras - use analog. If you are trying to use NVR then why not get separate converters for analog cameras? Meaning:

Analog -> coax -> IP Converter

I think cost-wise you are in a better shape using analog cameras with IP converters (if you even need them)