ak357

Arecont latest rumors :) or news

Are they going to a bigger sensor with this 10MP beast? If not, I wouldn't expect much for this camera's low-light capability. Still, would be great for daylight!

Are they going to a bigger sensor with this 10MP beast? If not, I wouldn't expect much for this camera's low-light capability. Still, would be great for daylight!

Have no idea

sorry

may be it is rumor

will see

I hope the 3135 is released soon.... need 2 of them an install

Yep... I'm trying to decide between that camera and the Mobotix dual-night. For that kind of money, I'll have to see some images before I pull the trigger.

I hope the 3135 is released soon.... need 2 of them an install

Yep... I'm trying to decide between that camera and the Mobotix dual-night. For that kind of money, I'll have to see some images before I pull the trigger.

The only reason I am not going with the M12 is it doesn't integrate with my NVR software....... Mobotix image quality is better then Arecont but you don't have H.264 but if you use a complete Mobotix solution it doesn't matter.

what about Avigilon? 16 MP?

And how are their Day Night CCD MP cameras?

Avigilion makes a nice camera but that camera is over $10,000 without the SLK lens

I would be surprised if the Arecont camera was $2000 with the lens

This looks like a great little camera and it will most likely be below $2000 since they use the same body/lens type with smaller CMOS pixels. I'll definitely buy one for daylight events. I wonder how well it will resolve such a resolution with a small lens, though.

The Avigilon camera you mention is expensive because it uses a huge 35mm sensor with the type of lens you would install on a high-end DSLR camera. That camera can capture amazing detail in a stadium concert with the lights off. In many scenarios, it's better than hundreds of cameras that can't see.

what about Avigilon? 16 MP?

And how are their Day Night CCD MP cameras?

I'm interested to see the spec sheet on the new Arecont 10MP camera, sensor size and type, also recommended lenses available for it and what software platforms will accept it.

Rory, the Avigilon 16MP is in a class of its own, actually all the Avigilon PRO range (2, 4.2, 11 and 16MP) cameras are, their 11 and 16MP Cameras have a full size 35mm CCD Sensor and all PRO range cameras come with a CCD Sensor and EF mount for lenses. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. All the PRO range cameras are either full colour or monochrome.

Their Day / Night Cameras (720P, 1080p, 3MP and 5MP) are all CMOS sensors, both in full body or dome.

I'm interested to see the spec sheet on the new Arecont 10MP camera, sensor size and type, also recommended lenses available for it and what software platforms will accept it.

Rory, the Avigilon 16MP is in a class of its own, actually all the Avigilon PRO range (2, 4.2, 11 and 16MP) cameras are, their 11 and 16MP Cameras have a full size 35mm CCD Sensor and all PRO range cameras come with a CCD Sensor and EF mount for lenses. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. All the PRO range cameras are either full colour or monochrome.

Their Day / Night Cameras (720P, 1080p, 3MP and 5MP) are all CMOS sensors, both in full body or dome.

i thought i read they were coming out with Day Night CCD cameras, if not already? Yeah I heard they are not cheap, but then for somewhere like down here, no megapixel camera is cheap after 50% customs, so if someone can afford a $2000 camera, which will be retailing at $4000-$5000 here, then they should be able to afford the better Avigilon camera.

i thought i read they were coming out with Day Night CCD cameras, if not already? Yeah I heard they are not cheap, but then for somewhere like down here, no megapixel camera is cheap after 50% customs, so if someone can afford a $2000 camera, which will be retailing at $4000-$5000 here, then they should be able to afford the better Avigilon camera.

Haven't seen a data sheet from Arecont, but I know they use Micron /Aptina imagers, and they only have two 10MP sensors, (MT9J003I12STCV),both 1/2.3" with light sensitivity rated at about a third of the 5MP sensor, about what you would expect for pixels that much smaller.

I also have reservations about lenses that will work well with that cam, the best I've used so far have been the Fujinon HFxxSA-1 series machine vision lenses, and they aren't cheap, and only in the 12.5mm-75mm range, although the Kowa 3.5mm looks good too (also not cheap).

For a good night shot, the new Panasonic WV-NP502 CCD cam is looking pretty good (I know, Rory, I'll get you some dark night clips soon...)

For a good night shot, the new Panasonic WV-NP502 CCD cam is looking pretty good (I know, Rory, I'll get you some dark night clips soon...)

Yes, please, I'd like to pull the trigger on this camera. We eagerly await your night images.

Best,

Christopher

Haven't seen a data sheet from Arecont, but I know they use Micron /Aptina imagers, and they only have two 10MP sensors, (MT9J003I12STCV),both 1/2.3" with light sensitivity rated at about a third of the 5MP sensor, about what you would expect for pixels that much smaller.

I also have reservations about lenses that will work well with that cam, the best I've used so far have been the Fujinon HFxxSA-1 series machine vision lenses, and they aren't cheap, and only in the 12.5mm-75mm range, although the Kowa 3.5mm looks good too (also not cheap).

thanks

Ouch, thats a heavy hit, why so high? given that the Bahamas is not known for their electonics manufacturing and most product would have to be imported. Oh I guess I answered my own question - Government Revenue.

Ouch, thats a heavy hit, why so high? given that the Bahamas is not known for their electonics manufacturing and most product would have to be imported. Oh I guess I answered my own question - Government Revenue.

thats kind of a round up, for auto parts they charge 60% duty plus 7% stamp tax. For electronics its around 35%-45% duty plus 7% stamp tax. Some computer parts are duty free but still 7% stamp tax. Also, shipping, say from NY to Miami could be $15, from Miami to the Bahamas would be $100, just an example. They charge Customs on top of the total price of the parts+shipping.

yep its their idea of tax.

thats kind of a round up, for auto parts they charge 60% duty plus 7% stamp tax. For electronics its around 35%-45% duty plus 7% stamp tax. Some computer parts are duty free but still 7% stamp tax. Also, shipping, say from NY to Miami could be $15, from Miami to the Bahamas would be $100, just an example. They charge Customs on top of the total price of the parts+shipping.

yep its their idea of tax.

Holy ouch... that's the most flagrant rape of anyone's wallet I've seen in quite some time.

********* Edit *********

Excepting, of course, the US Congress's recent actions

Arecont will probably show at ASIS this month

10 Megapix camera

and 3135 finally (dual sensor H.264)

hope what I heard is true

Just talked to my Arecont rep and he said the 10MP will be out the first of the year and they are using the same concept at as the new Panasonic 3MP cameras. The Arecont 10MP will be 10MP daytime and 2.1 at night and both will be h.264 unlike the Panasonic. They are also going to incorporate this into there other cameras.

The Arecont 10MP will be 10MP daytime and 2.1 at night and both will be h.264 unlike the Panasonic.

Now, if Arecont will add the programmable autonomy of the Axis and Panasonic cameras (e.g. ftp on alarm, etc).

Best,

Christopher

The Arecont 10MP will be 10MP daytime and 2.1 at night and both will be h.264 unlike the Panasonic.

Now, if Arecont will add the programmable autonomy of the Axis and Panasonic cameras (e.g. ftp on alarm, etc).

Best,

Christopher

I must disagree..... Please keep them as security cameras only and use all of the processing power for video quality and h.264 compression.

I must disagree..... Please keep them as security cameras only and use all of the processing power for video quality and h.264 compression.

All the processing power? You make it sound as though Axis and Panasonic video quality suffers because they support ftp. The trend is distributed processing, where cameras of the future will be smart enough to recognize a crime in progress.

Best,

Christopher

All the processing power? You make it sound as though Axis and Panasonic video quality suffers because they support ftp. The trend is distributed processing, where cameras of the future will be smart enough to recognize a crime in progress.

Best,

Christopher

Then why is Arecont the only camera that can do h.264 compression at 5MP, 8MP, and now 10MP? And I think still 3MP

Edited by Guest

The trend is distributed processing, where cameras of the future will be smart enough to recognize a crime in progress.

Highly unlikely in the forseeable future!