thewireguys

atom vs via c7

LOL also keep in mind this box only uses 39 watts of power.

But the other PCs with the client software make up for it

why would I tell them to get rid of the computers they already have?

why would I tell them to get rid of the computers they already have?

To get something better?

Back to the topic ... all i was saying was why not spend a couple dollars extra for a better CPU thats all? Its a HUGE difference in speed. Then you could more safely give them the option to run the server 24/7 as a CCTV system (running your "client") if they like.

went ahead and bought the systems from Logic Supply. Very nice people to work with, answered all my questions. They're even building and testing it so when it arrives it will be fully functional, all I have to do is install the NVR software.

SolidLogic Atom S145 Mini-ITX System

- Mainboard: Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core Atom Little Falls 2

- Case: AOpen S145 Mini-ITX Case with ATX PSU - Black

- Daughterboards: None

- Memory: DDR2 667 RAM 2GB

- HDD Standard & Flash: 3.5" Seagate SATA 7200rpm 1TB

- CD/DVD Drive: Panasonic SATA Slot-loading CD/DVD Writer (UJ-875-A) w/ Cable

- Operating System: Windows XP Pro (requires hard disk)

- Build and Test: Build & Test - Standard (3-5 full business days)

- Warranty: 1 Year Warranty (Standard)

Total cost was $607.00 per system for everything.

i posted that earlier with another link, just in case you missed it

l

Just built two setups with that mini-box M350 enclosure and a Intel DQ45EK Dual Core board, 2GB ram, and the Mini-box PicoPSU-150-XT power supply, WD 500 gb drive... Work great....

I really like that case but I need a DVD-R for burning video files....... I could go with a USB DVD-r.

What processor did you use with your builds?

I just worked on a Exacq desktop server and they are using the E5300 with 2gigs on the Q35 chipset.

Why note use an external USB DVD burner?

Why note use an external USB DVD burner?

even better why not use SD Cards or Jump drives.

I really like that case but I need a DVD-R for burning video files....... I could go with a USB DVD-r.

I just worked on a Exacq desktop server and they are using the E5300 with 2gigs on the Q35 chipset.

Went with the E7500 2.93GHz.

It's pretty stout, for a little unit.....Got a couple of them baking in the sun on poles here in Central California... Summer gets a little toasty here....

Noticed a lot of you use Newegg, not sure how many of you know about www.biz.newegg.com for commercial accounts... Kinda handy, terms and all....Just looked, and we did 53K YTD with them...Don't think they screwed up a single order....Pretty good to deal with, overall.

It's pretty stout, for a little unit.....Got a couple of them baking in the sun on poles here in Central California... Summer gets a little toasty here....

Noticed a lot of you use Newegg, not sure how many of you know about www.biz.newegg.com for commercial accounts... Kinda handy, terms and all....Just looked, and we did 53K YTD with them...Don't think they screwed up a single order....Pretty good to deal with, overall.

Did the stock Intel heatsink fit in that box? Did you install 2.5 drives?

Yes, the stock low profile heatsink fits. I did glue on a passive chipset cooler, reviewers noted the chipset runs hot, cheap insurance considering where I put them. And yes, 2.5" drive, WD5000BEVT SATA.

Did the stock Intel heatsink fit in that box? Did you install 2.5 drives?

Yes, the stock low profile heatsink fits. I did glue on a passive chipset cooler, reviewers noted the chipset runs hot, cheap insurance considering where I put them. And yes, 2.5" drive, WD5000BEVT SATA.

What NVR software where you using?

These ones were Milestone, but future ones will probably be Exacq.