sillared

Where to buy.. RJ11 to BNC adapters and psu`s?

Looking for somewhere in the US to buy adapters and psu`s to run rj11 cameras on a bnc dvr... Can find them all over in the UK, but that doesnt do me any good.. Heres a link...

http://cpc.farnell.com/direct-connect/rjbnc-s1-psu/interface-rj11-to-bnc-x-1-i-p-with/dp/SR06767

I screwed up since I didnt follow the bnc wires all the way back to the monitor, the connections from the crt monitor to the dvrs were bnc, the cameras themselves plug into the monitor are the phone jack style. DOH

Not sure on the differences between rj11 and rj10 and all that... will look into it today... all i know is that there are no open pin slots, everthing has a wire in it..

The covisec price is retail, and if you are a business, then call them for wholesale pricing.

You will need to know the pinout for the camera, or the all in one monitor that you are working with.

Here is the pinout of the old Samsung cameras (also used by Lorex, and Panasonic)

RJ 11 PINOUT

1 SPEAKER (+)

2 VIDEO_OUT

3 GND

4 SPEAKER (-)

5 AUDIO_OUT/ALARM_OUT

6 12V DC

Back of Camera

Clip up, contacts down

If you need a manual to the old SCC14WEB:

http://scorpiontheater.com/samsung.aspx

How many rj11 cameras do you have? Knowing the typical quality of rj11 style cameras... I would be inclined to saving that $25 plus shipping per camera and using it to invest in a much better camera.

Less complicated, and I think you'll be much happier with the end result for not much more cash. Plus you don't run the risk of flip flopping pairs for power/video and frying something.