Does anybody knows anything about subject ?

I've searched on internet but found nothing exept that this feature does exists and supported by few mobile telephony service providers around the world.

Edited by Guest

The mobile (cellphone) service providers paid the UK government an absolute fortune for licences to operate 3G, and then realised they didn't have a "killer application" to quickly recoup the money

I had a chat with one service provider recently and quite frankly, when it comes to the potential for 3G / Security monitoring, they simply haven't got a clue. Their idea for promoting the service is to stream soccer matches to a phone, with an image so small, you can just about see the players, much less the ball

As it stands, I've been told that existing UK data transfer rates on 3G are currently 256k, with 512k due on stream sometime in the summer (given for what passes as a British summer, that could be anywhere between April .... and 2007).

The technology is there, but service coverage is still likely to be a problem for some.

I've just signed up to a 3G contract with 3 network and received a nice Motorola A1000 phone. Subsequently discovered that I can't use it to view my home CCTV system remotely. "3" don't allow access to the internet so I am stuck with their content. Not a real problem because I didn't buy the phone for that reason but it would have been a nice facility. I am not sure if the phone would have run the Geo software anyway....

The only ones capable of 3G are the ones using h.264. This MPEG4 Part 10 video codec allows for adjustable bit rates and can stream audio and video across a cell phone. It is presently available on Symbian OS.

The is a Polish company that has simbian phones working with their dvr software, only bad thing is that the company is a pain to deal with, and the picture quality is not that great.

take a look:

http://www.alnetsystems.com

dont be fooled, they only..dont SUPPORT it, you can make that Motorolla allow internet access by adding anohter account, problem is that the data transfer is bloody expensive and you might find that anything with active X may not work without updating your phone firmware..

i bought an XDA2 Mini, this works well with GPRS and because it is pc and can be updated it works well, but way too expensive to stay connected for long