rory

4-channel H.264 DVR with X-IRS software

I had to setup a 4 channel DVR for remote video for a client, its a no name, comes with that X-IRS software. Not bad for a budget DVR actually. Anyway, if anyone else uses it, I needed to be able to resize the windows and also just go straight into the viewer which it doesnt let you do, so I put the Viewer activeX in my own program and threw that together with an installer. Its free so if you want it let me know. I havent put it on mysite yet. Also it will work regardless of whether the X-IRS software is installed on the user's computer.

Also any ideas on the brand name would be helpful.

Ive found one from Aposonic but the face looks different, back is the same and so is the software. Also they look like a USA OEM rebadged . .. id like to contact the manufacturer direct. Thanks

The activeX itself is obviously from an SDK, i would like to get my hands on that so I can make my own viewer with more options, such as fit to screen and full screen. Only thing identified in the DLLs is the name XDVR. There are no company names or copyrights. I asked the client to get me more info on it also, such as from the people they bought it from.

Example Screenshots:

BTW, The activeX is copyright whoever wrote it, it has no name!

I just made the exe to wrap it in. The original cannot be moved by the mouse or resized, probably due to it being a skinned activeX (images) but they could have added some code to make it work.

ORIGINAL:

108511_1.jpg

CUSTOMIZED:

108511_2.jpg

Added "Small Window" button.

108511_3.jpg

I had to setup a 4 channel DVR for remote video for a client, its a no name, comes with that X-IRS software. Not bad for a budget DVR actually. Anyway, if anyone else uses it, I needed to be able to resize the windows and also just go straight into the viewer which it doesnt let you do, so I put the Viewer activeX in my own program and threw that together with an installer. Its free so if you want it let me know. I havent put it on mysite yet. Also it will work regardless of whether the X-IRS software is installed on the user's computer.

Also any ideas on the brand name would be helpful.

Ive found one from Aposonic but the face looks different, back is the same and so is the software. Also they look like a USA OEM rebadged . .. id like to contact the manufacturer direct. Thanks

check Argus

check Argus

nah checked them already, different software.

DVRs look different also.

Rory I had the same soft

Argus has lots OEM

some of them from china

buying boards and put them in diff cases

I had model for example with 4" LCD built in

and so on

Rory I had the same soft

Argus has lots OEM

some of them from china

and so on

perhaps though nothing on their site resembles the DVR in question, nor the software:

http://www.arguscctv.com/

Rory I had the same soft

Argus has lots OEM

some of them from china

and so on

perhaps though nothing on their site resembles the DVR in question, nor the software:

http://www.arguscctv.com/

Any pix of DVR front panel ?

no actually it has a face that covers the entire front (though it did have buttons and stuff below the face cover), i used a mouse when i was there, the rear is pretty much identical to this one though:

http://www.aposoniccctv.com/Products/Surveilance/2008/A-S0401R2.htm

I am finding the X_IRS.exe software around sites with argus in the page somewhere though its all in asian (various languages, mostly korean).

no actually it has a face that covers the entire front (though it did have buttons and stuff below the face cover), i used a mouse when i was there, the rear is pretty much identical to this one though:

I am finding the X_IRS.exe software around sites with argus in the page somewhere though its all in asian (various languages, mostly korean).

look at pix "my" DVR" remote and "yours

1-1.jpg

Screensnap01.jpg

Rory

R.jpg

any more doubts ?

Ok I found it, as i brought the unit home.

It has a serial number on it and a google search brought up this.

XAD-401 - But so many korean sites advertising it. One even shows that general argus type software and even the Argus Logo as in the below image. Seems it might be an argus unit, though argus doesnt list it on their site. Ill keep searching, I dont even care who makes it, I just want the SDK

Anyway, on the Argus site they have the XAD-400 so it must be an argus unit, maybe a custom OEM or something.

http://www.arguscctv.com/en/03_products/06xad.asp

Thing is, this one is closer to it than the XAD-400, as it has the same software and everything;

108617_1.jpg

This is the kind of thing i need to do but unfortunately i don't have the skills to make my own active x work

i have a dvr http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/products/Killer-XDH8-%252d-Realtime-DVR-%252b-Mobile-viewing.html

and the active x to view the software doesn't automatically log you in and it does not show 4 cameras which i would prefer.

i need a computer (which will be the remote monitor station) once loaded , load into the viewer and view 4 cameras without the user doing anything

i have got as far as logging the user in automatically, made internet explorer into kiosk mode so it is full screen but i cant get it to chose 4 cameras. this requires the user to click as we only have 4 camera to monitor which we want to fill the screen

is there anything out there that will allow me to do such a thing

the active x information is

"UDROCX_H264 Control" UDROCX_H264.ocx

thanks

Hi...

I have a new 4 cameras system, and i have some questions...

Its possible to get the software (for x-irs), for mobile phones????

How can i minimize the window of the X-IRS in my pc???

Thanks,

Mariano

I dont know about whether it has software for mobile phones.

As to minimizing it, do you mean the manufacturers software or the one i posted a link to on my site? If its my custom one, then just click minimize at the top right.

Hello. Thank you very much for x-irs application. I have it installed on my pc and it works prefect. Thank you very much.

" title="Applause" />

Now I have another question. I have this CCTV installed in my office. I would like to see the cameras from my mobile when I'm out of the office. Is there any way to install any software on any mobile?

Thank you vary much.

Mariano Carvajal.

San Jose, Costa Rica.

Hi, sorry I dont know. The client that was using this had a netbook which they would use when mobile so it had XP or Win7 which could run this .. I dont remember seeing any phone software though.

Hi.

Do you have a Ipad application for this dvr?

Thanks.

I dont know if the manufacturer does or not, I just wrote a wrapper for the Windows activeX control.

I only did this as the original software would not fit on smaller netbook screen resolutions.

Rory