Basil

Camera Wanted

One other point: Any color day/night camera with those cheesy little built-in IR LEDs will work with your illuminator. If you want color, you can always go with one of those. The built-in LEDs probably won't be of any use at that distance, but at least the camera will work with your illuminator.

Hey, you should also need to consider the fact that you might just need a better camera, some examples are the:

Toshiba Ik-6400A ( I use this ALOT, and it's a great day/night camera)

Samsung SND-500

Samsung SND-510

Samsung SHC-721

Toshiba IK64D?

Some have IR-CUT filter, other's don't. But in any case, see if you could just get a full refund for the whole kit and look into these models.

Well I've had a response from rfconcepts, I must say, I take it all back they have come up trumps.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them enough now, so if you are in europe, try www.rfconcepts.co.uk but, please take some of the manufacturers claims with a pinch of salt, if you are unsure check with rfconcepts before ordering, learn from my error.

They have resolved my problem to my total satisfaction, a big thank you to Roy at rfconcepts.

Once I finish installation and testing, I will post a new night view and explain the hows and wheres.

Once again thank you to all the people on the forum, I've learned a lot for me in short space of time... Yeah I know sod all in the grand scheme of things

Okay, I've done the install today... removed the video sender from the colour camera, it is now hard wired as well.

What I now have is far from discreet, although I suspect it should act as a deterrent...

I've installed a second camera with 8 IR leds and an additional IR with 49 leds, this pointing at the bit that looked really dark on the original image posted from the colour bullet.

The second camera is 1/3" B/W ... http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/waterproof_camera.htm I've mounted this slighty lower than the original, following advice about IR's and reflections.

Power for all the devices comes from transformers located in the loft, I extended the 12v power leads using a microphone cable as it was 2 core and shielded with a rubberised outer... thought this might survive the elements a bit better. The 2 cameras feed a UCC4A board bought from ebay for a tenner ($14 ish). Am looking to use the SupervisionCam software in future..

Have both camera set to record on movement, but at different times of the day... the B/W is too sensitive in normal daylight, so I only record from the colour at these times.

If anyone is interested I will post a night time image from the B/W camera..

looks good, Did you really need the LED? Maybe could have got away with the Exview version of that bullet.

Anyways, have you tried pointing the LED up more? How far do the beams go?

Did a test with the bits a few nights ago, and the IR beam goes a fair distance in excess of 60 feet....

I kept the IR as, lets just say in the end I got the B/W camera gratis..

If I did it all again.. let's just say I would do things differently, thanks to knowledge I now have, thanks guys

Yeah, doesnt look too dark to the left of the IR ...the camera you have is like mine, 0.1 lux, and the exview would be 0.01 lux, or at least it would see much more in the low light. If its pitch dark there then you would definately need the IR, the IR LEDs on the cameras themselves are no use outdoors.

Anyway, looks good ..

Rory