Leo

Help with my IP Cam System plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hi there All

I ve recently bought IP cameras and installed it, Which records On Net PC whit the motion detection mode

But the place is very busy day time and it's on REC all day long ............

And My ISSUE HDD gets full to quick

How can i possibly tern my pc to behave like DVR boxes and be able to rerecord the video

Thanks guys

Love this forum

usually there are a masking function to stop the recording for say a window where cars drive by all the time and you are not interested in outside activity

there should also be sensitivity setting which will mean the camera will have to detect a greater degree of motion to trigger recording for instance

1 least sensitive 10 highest. at ten any little thing will set off recording

slight variations in lighting etc. one may be so low nothing is triggered.

if im not wrong u want to make ur pc as DVR .

You have to install DVR software thats it...go for replay ..search on google for replay , u can buy online. u can record and watch online .

Its better to make one small raid server, u can take help of any computer guy. it can accomodate more, upto 1 month or more.

It all depends on ur need

adding dvr cards is something i have never done. and it sounds as this is what you need to do. if it is somthing you know how to do then you should be able to sort it. but if not take a look at the link. pure ip nvr at the same price as a card set-up. supports most ip /axis/sanyo/sony and it can have 5mp just thought this might be the best and easy way for you. plus it frees up your pc.

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=203

He has IP cameras so he doesnt need a DVR card.

If he hasnt already got it sorted out (its been almost a month) then as mention check the compression method and also motion detection masking.