Robert Oaks

Making a CD from recorded event

We have a number of PC based, GEO card, units installed in commercial banks. On occasion (check fraud, etc.) the bank needs to supply the police with a 10-15 minute segment of an event. We always have to talk the bank people through this process. First making a copy of the event to hard drive, and then using Ahead-Nero, making a CD of the event. This is a long and involved process for the bank people who have never done this before. Is this the best way (on only way) or is there a better, simpler way to handle this? Thank you very much. Robert

Video Insight uses Movie Maker. Very simple to use and copy to a CDRW, send via email, snap shot of the screen to either file or all of the above. Very user friendly and fast. I've tried many different recorders and programs within them that allow copying. To date, Video Insight's features make my life easier when it comes to this time saving integrated feature.

He talkin bout GeoVision though I believe.

I burned a CD last weekend for the Police after a particular email alert. I downloaded through the pretty lil GEO web interface at home (we have a GV800), cut the part of the 5 min file that was important using Movie Maker, then burned the wmv to a CD.

The motion was jerky (always has been on our setup though) and the frame rate increased to 60fps it would seem.

No doubt there is a simpler way to burn CD's in GEO, but I have never even bothered to look thoroughly. Perhaps in the Video Logs section?

You are right - there is an easier way. First you export the footage from the video log to lets say desktop, or any other location you like. I think you can even export it directly to a CDRW if you are running XP.

And then you dont even need Nero XP has embadded burner application. When you open up your CD, you will see an option on the left -- burn the CD. (through my computer)

And thats it. Dont bother people with Nero -- its too complex for newbies.

if you want it to run on another computer, then you cant use the XPs burning software as it doesnt work 100% of the time. Nero or Roxeo is the best way to guarantee it will play in any computer.

Thanks to all for your imput: Looks like I am stuck with the way that I have been doing it, as difficult as it may be. Happpy Easter . . . Robert