EFEZY

Whats a good camera to go in Club/Bar application?

I have a guy who owns bars and clubs and he needs a security solution. He also has low lights...what would you recommend?

Hi EFEZY.

in places were its going to be dark install good black/w cameras with ir. dont use colour ir flashing lights play about with colour. and were you can entrance/bar areas use a good colour camera without ir. night clubs and low light bars are always hard to do with so many lighting conditions. i.e ultraviolare lights strobs and many other bright colours. if you are in the uk you are quite welcome to go and see an install in london 32 camera system to see the quality.

BW cameras, most cases you dont ever need IR but does depend on the club. KT&C seem to have the best selection of BW bullets and mini cameras these days, most others have gone the cheap Color IR route.

check out these models from KT&C

KPC-S190SWX << BW only bullet

KPC-EX190SWX <<-Exview BW, lower light

KPC-S50NV1 << BW bullet with IR

KPC-EX35NV << Exview BW with IR

KPC-VF353SWH << BW Varifocal

these lower res models see more in low light, they do make the higher res versions of a couple of them but if you opt for those make note their lux ratings are not as good.

You could also build you own Vandal Domes using these: (ideas only)

KPC-S20P1 / KPC-S20B << BW cube pinhole/board camera

KPC-S20PEX1 / KPC-S20BEX << exview BW Cube pinhole/board camera

KLV-4080M << optional microvarifocal board lens

^^ the pinhole lens versions of those 2 above are actually wider angle, showing the board models for the microvarifocal lens option

EHD000/ZZ - empty everfocus vandal dome housing, use any kind, this is just example

Or you could look around for vandal domes with BW cameras, Day night is typically overkill since it is mostly always dark. We use color cameras where there is light, BW in the other areas. Most cases we just slap up the cheap exview BW bullets cause even if destroyed they are so cheap and simple to replace and can keep them in stock all the time.

The trick to low light is to get as much light to the sensor as possible. The best way to do that is with the largest-aperture lens you can get. If box cameras (C/CS-mount) are an option, this gives you a lot more flexibility.

Standard CCTV lenses typically fall within the range of f/1.0 to f/2.0... and f/1.0 allows *FOUR TIMES* the light of f/2.0. f/1.4 falls right in the middle of that range (it's an algorithmic scale).

The lower the f-stop you can find, the more light you let in, and the better your camera will work in low light.

where can I get a f/1.0 lens, I can find one. Any help would be appreciated. I am looking for a simple fixed focus, fixed iris m12 lens for a board cam use at night only. Does not have to be great quality or have a great depth of field just needs to let in max light and be priced reasonably low.

Standard CCTV lenses typically fall within the range of f/1.0 to f/2.0...

where can I get a f/1.0 lens, I can find one. Any help would be appreciated. I am looking for a simple fixed focus, fixed iris m12 lens for a board cam use at night only. Does not have to be great quality or have a great depth of field just needs to let in max light and be priced reasonably low.

Standard CCTV lenses typically fall within the range of f/1.0 to f/2.0...

\

fujinon have a f:0.95 lens .. most distributors carry it.

...I am looking for a simple fixed focus, fixed iris m12 lens for a board cam use at night only...

\

thanks for pointing that out but fujinon does not offer what i specified.

fujinon only has c and cs mount not 12m mount lens. To get around this there might be an adaptor to go from 12m to cs mount i guess but then still have the below two problems...

fujinon only offers varifocal not fixed focal

fujinon only offers manual or auto ajustable iris - but not fixed iris

fujinon does offer the following f/0.95 lens. but they do not offer what I specified. Specifically: 1)they are not weather proof; 2)I assume the f/0.95 is only at the widest zoom settting; and 3)wasting lots of components, glass and $ for something I dont need as I just want a fixed focus lens. I hate to say it but I need something lesser than what fujinon offers.

These are not what I want but they are indeed f/0.95, varriable iris, vari zoom.

fujinon YV2.7x2.9LR4A-2

fujinon YV2.8x2.8LA-2

can anyone point me to a simple fixed focus, fixed iris m12 mount lens with a f stop less than f/1.2?

...I am looking for a simple fixed focus, fixed iris m12 lens for a board cam use at night only...

\

thanks for pointing that out but fujinon does not offer what i specified.

fujinon only has c and cs mount not 12m mount lens. To get around this there might be an adaptor to go from 12m to cs mount i guess but then still have the below two problems...

fujinon only offers varifocal not fixed focal

fujinon does offer the following f/0.95 lens. but they do not offer what I specified. Specifically: 1)they are not weather proof; 2)I assume the f/0.95 is only at the widest zoom settting; and 3)wasting lots of components, glass and $ for something I dont need as I just want a fixed focus lens. I hate to say it but I need something lesser than what fujinon offers.

These are not what I want but they are indeed f/0.95, varriable iris, vari zoom.

fujinon YV2.7x2.9LR4A-2

fujinon YV2.8x2.8LA-2

can anyone point me to a simple fixed focus, fixed iris m12 mount lens with a f stop less than f/1.2?

no lens is going to be weatherproof. Water gets on the optics you will need to do precision lens cleaning, everytime it rains.

I just now see you are asking for a Fixed Board lens, so I doubt fujinon will have those. Have you checked KT&C?

Manual iris IS functionally fixed iris: it stays fixed wherever you set it. Leaving it wide open is the same as having no iris at all.

And rory is right, no lens will be waterproof on its own. Even if it were, if the lens was exposed to water, chances are the camera board would be as well, and none of those are waterproof either. The whole assembly needs to be in an enclosure to make it waterproof.

Remember that, aside from possible very high-end, esoteric covert-surveillance purposes, board cameras in general are the cheapest style of design, so don't expect a lot of high-end-type options to be available. It would be like wanting a budget sub-compact car with a Rolls Royce ride.

What would you use in a bar that has decent light but the light is coming from a lot of tvs (flickering),then at closing time,it is almost black,what type of camera would you use in that situation.The room is rectangular so the tvs all face into each other!!

Good solution if you still need to have colour camera would be an EXVIEW low light camera. New exview cams are capable to operate in even lower area. sony chipset exview 0.00002 lux camera

[edit by mod-store link removed]

Edited by Guest

As importantly I would look at tying the POS System to the cameras system (text overlay). I have a low light color camera from USAG that we are trying in our shop for this very application it is a bullet an seems to have color at very low light levels. I have not tried it in the field. I have a speco intensifer and do not reccommend it

POS tie-in is great, but I'd go for a DVR that can log and search the text data, rather than a text overlay (or in addition to it).

Nope, its Azbar machines from the early 1990's, most of the bars and clubs down here are still using them. I had to setup Win98 machines to run the DOS software that connects to them, just for basic reports.

Hello !!

According to me a camera with the inbuilt automated and adjustable light is the best for the places with low light.

Thanks