Pvleugels

Suggestion for day/night camera's for diffuclt lighting

Dear,

I'm looking for a varifocal camera (preferably bullet-type) for outdoor application. Currently we have TRACER camera's (TS-6090EHPS SONY Exview chip) and IR but the problems is that they attract bugs and give a lot of "motion events" which we do not want.

Another problem are the lighting conditions, during night there is some streetlighting (like everywhere in Belgium) but the image quality is quite good. In the morning however, some additional lights switch on for more decorative aspects ... resulting in a dark useless image with near the decorative lighting white spots

Any suggestion? Repositioning the camera or changing the "decorative lighting" is not an option.

I was thinking about a WDR (wide dynamic range) bullet type camera without infrared and varifocal lens. Budget is around $200-300

A suggestion from my side: Tracer TS-WDCP6900HPSC Major problem with these Tracer camera's is however: where to buy them?

Question:

1) are there good solutions to avoid "bug" alerts with infrared lighting? => not using the built in LEDs?

2) any suggestion for these difficult lighting condtions? => WDR?

Kind regards,

Any

Bugs will be attracted to any camera due to the heat from the camera, so it depends on how hot it gets - small bullets tend to get pretty hot.

Bugs should typically not cause a motion event, unless they have "taken over" the camera. If there are that many bugs, then best to clean the camera. You could spray bug spray around the camera also, that helps to keep the bugs away sometimes.

WDR is for backlighting issues such as glare from lights and entry ways, etc. You already have one of the lowest light chips, Exview.

Im not sure what you are asking?

Any suggestion? Repositioning the camera ... is not an option.

Can you reposition the IR? A separation of even a few feet will help reduce the bug problem significantly.

Best,

Christopher

What do you mean with "bugs taken over" the camera? To my experience, they fly towards the camera and because they are lit by the camera, the system will cause a motion event in the motion detection software.

Concerning the lighting topic:

The exview gives indeed very good results. The problem is the huge variance of the light over the image. With the decorative lights, the camera tries to get everything good resulting in a bad image quality for dark parts. I was thinking that WDR (or something like back light compensation) would results in a better image. Or not?

Taken over meaning,nobody has gone out and cleaned the camera and around the camera from bugs(ie spiderwebs,etc.)Do you have any footage or photos from the actual camera?

Spiders are one thing, and they're easily cleared away... but I'm pretty sure he's talking about moths, mosquitos, and such. Many insects have visual acuity outside the standard visible (to humans, anyway) spectrum. This can extend into the near-IR and UV bands.

That is to say, the IR looks like a floodlight to the insects, even if it's just a dull red glow to us.

Mosquitos are also attracted to heat, and carbon dioxide plumes (that we constantly exhale). The relative degree of attraction actually varies tremendously between different species of mosquitos.

Just so you know.

Dear,

Spiders are less of a problem, if you see them: cleaning the camera is theanwer! More of a problem are indeed the mosquitos, moths are the problem because there are there suddenly and fly away. Therefore i prefer to not use ir or to use a seperate ir illumination. Or even better: buying a camera with good properties (exview...)

i'm in fact surprised by the amount of ir led camera's ... knowing that it gives problems.

Back to main question: what is the best solution for the lighting problem? Is WDR overkill? Are there good and not-to-expensive cameras?

By the way, a good suggestion for a webshop delivering PAL camera's?

Kind regards,

Peter,

If the flying insects are causing non stop motion, then either you have a major insect problem there, or the motion detection part of your system is faulty. BTW I live where insects literally throw you on the ground there are so many of them, and still dont have that many issues with false motion. Either way. regardless of insects, motion detection recording at night will never be that great, even with the BEST infrared in the world. It would be in your benefit to enable a schedule in your system to record motion detection for day time, and time lapse (continuous at a slower rate) for night time. Also note that Video Motion detection is NOT to be used as a replacement for a decent burglar alarm system, and it is mostly used to cut down on the recording time you would usually have with constant recording. Motion alerts are separate from Motion recording, and can also be used with continuous recording.

Anyway, back to the question, Exview is lowest light, if you could find an Exview WDR let me know Panasonic might be your best bet, their Day Night Dome or Box camera in a housing. the 484. OR, you might just need a better Exview camera from that unknown brand you mentioned.

You Need To Install Weather Proof IP Based Cameras With Builtin Alarm System And Motion Detection

For More Details Please Visit Our Websites:

If the bugs are such a problem you should use a real motion detector to trigger the recording. Most DVRs have alarm inputs and have this feature build in.

WDR cameras are not perfect solutions. I have just installed a WDR dome at a reception with glass doors and lots of windows. It still shows some areas too dark, but I guess it is better than any standard Day/Night camera.

I can also recommend a shop to you. It is called Norbain Security in UK. You can check their Website and look for contact details. I have a salesman who always gives me great discount (I am also a rather big customer). The list prices of Norbain are the best that I could find in Europe. Write me a PM if you are interested.

koolmer