sullivan2002

HELP ME DXCLIENT NETVIEWER FOR MAC OS X AND WINDOWS MOBILE

Hi to all and thanks for reading this my message.

I have a DVR Sourvelliance device and I use generally Dxclient NetViewer on my PC Windows Xp.

I would like to find a version for Mac OS X computer. Is it possible?

and in alternative if is possible a version on PDA Windows Mobile WM 6.5

I found only PDA-NET for a mobile device that doesn't work for me.

Thanks for any suggestion and help.

Sullivan2002

Hi,

Just wondering if you found a solution to this problem as I am looking for exactly the same solution.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the advise. I've already got VMWare Fusion and run windows through that. I can get the DXNetwiever window up, but instead of the images I just get a black screen! Any further advice? Thanks so far - as you can see I'm not really too technical. Thank you.

Did you enable DirectX on the settings for the Virtual Machine?

DirectX in VMware and Virtual box are basically hacked to work, if you did a DirectX check it will tell you the files are invalid or corrupt and DirectX is not working properly. If you do not use these custom versions of DirectX then Direct3D wont work properly, pretty much anything that does any intensive video work wont work properly. Though even with the custom versions it is not that great. This is one of the drawbacks to using a Virtual world. Therefore, if using the custom DirectX files some video software may look at this and notice there is what seems like a problem with directX, in some cases a popup message will occur, normally they will ignore it, perhaps in your case either the software sees this and just wont work properly, or you didnt enable the VMware directX and then it wont even work - note I am not an expert in DirectX so I cant really answer it completely, just going by my experience with it. Ive had the error messages but it still works, but thats with DirectX enabled for the Virtual Machine. I just wrote another program to terminate the error message when it pops up and then the video loads fine, but that was a different DVR software. Ive used other DVR remote software that gave no error message at all and just worked.

That said, it could just be a codec or resolution issue.

Make sure you have the video drivers installed correctly.

You could also try Virtual Box as I actually found that worked better for me.

But either way you need to make sure DirectX is enabled. Its been a while so I cant say for certain but you may need to reinstall the Virtual Drivers to have that option, at least with Virtual Box.

Hello everybody.

I want to ask you if there is something like DxClient alternative. Some other program that I can use. DxClient has set response time to 5 second, but for my connection it's too short. I need at least 15 second, but I can'tfind where I can set this up. That is the reason why I'm looking for something else.

Thanks for any response.

P.S. Sorry about my English, I'm from Czech republic, Europe

Wait a minute everyone... I doesn't sound like this guy is looking to run a DVR Server on MacOSX, but to 'VIEW' it from his Mac and also Windows Mobile phone. The only thing he's not clear about is whether his 'surveillance device' is a stand-alone DVR box or perhaps a Windows machine w/DVR card running the webserver software.

Go to the app store on both your Mac and find a web browser called Skyfire, which incidentally has Flash built-in to the browser natively. You can also download an older version of Skyfire to work on your Windows Mobile 6.5 phone and that would be in the form of a .cab file.

Once you have it installed, just type in the network address of your DVR webserver and you may consider one of the other viewing options on the home screen if it gives them to you, such as 'Server Push Mode' as Mozilla Firefox and Chrome use. You can only use ActiveX for Internet Explorer. Good Luck!

Is there any viewer out there that will work with OSX?

Viewer for which DVR?

Hi! I'm new here...I have the similar situation however, when i had my MAC OS 10.5 i was able to use the DVR through an IP address but when i had my MAC reformatted and updated into a OS-X 10.6.8. but i can't view it anymore even if using the dvr website. I could really use some help on this one.