Thx

Outside Hik!

JD

JD what is your opinion about HIK IP Mega cams so far

I was playng with sample about year ago and hate it

but now may be they improve ?

Thx

Well....

Daytime very good, in low light ok, night time useless! Need IR leds at night.

There is also a difference between the CMOS based and the Sony CCD Progressive Scan based cameras and then especially in low light.

Also they are to high priced, the analogue Hikvision cameras have a price I dont understand, like they are overpriced because they dont wanna sell them. But IP cameras are better, but the Progressive Scan CCD is overpriced!

UXGA.jpg

As you can see the image is not bad!

The source of this picture is here: http://www.dvr.no/published/uxga.zip

When it comes too the whole package: The Camera packing is good, the manual is ok, the new software is ok etc.

The CCD cameras are using 1/3" CCD, the largest 1/3"CCD from Sony is about 370TVL(0,4MP) so all these CCD megapixel cameras are making each pixel smaller and smaller compared to the CCD Chip. I really would like to see a Megapixel camera using the Sony 1/2" that is a "real" 1,3 megapixel ccd chip.

I guess that all these MP cameras dont have IR leds is because PoE and IR is not the best match, but some CMOS based MP can use IR leds together if the CMOS chip are of the smaller ones that do not require to much power.

But I think the Hikvision is good to go!

Do you read PM by the way?

DA DA

JD

Which Hikvision camera are you using??

Hikvision 852 series! But I prefer 762 since it is CCD based.

JD

You're web pages are they built on some template? I have seen some webistes that looks preyy much the same setup/different graphics that I think are hoax web pages and also some of them there is warnings on the web to not pay in advance for any goods.

I dont think you have anything to do with it, just to understand if there are someone using the same template.

JD

HIK Vision 2 MP

this is not my pix

posting as general info

was re-sized by photobucket to 1024 x 768

Nice images. Do you have any links to night shots with these cams?

HIK Vision 2 MP

this is not my pix

posting as general info

No, I don't sorry

just got them from one of my suppliers

Actually I can post MP4 Clip which does't look too bad

Do you read PM by the way?

DA DA

JD

Yes I did and sorry for delay

PM your Ph number and I will call

DA DA or NET NET do u understand ?

HIK Vision 2 MP

this is not my pix

posting as general info

No, I don't sorry

just got them from one of my suppliers

Actually I can post MP4 Clip which does't look too bad

Thanks.

You're web pages are they built on some template? I have seen some webistes that looks preyy much the same setup/different graphics that I think are hoax web pages and also some of them there is warnings on the web to not pay in advance for any goods.

I dont think you have anything to do with it, just to understand if there are someone using the same template.

JD

JD, have no idea what you are referring to... We use Magento platform and use many templates... and not sure what you mean by means of warning on the web to not pay in advance...

Which software was used to capture these images... they look great.

Whom are u asking ?

If ? for me

then typical soft for HIK Card

then extracting still from mp4 file

We have these cameras on hand... seen them perform well with some software packages and very bad with others... Hikvision has its own IP software, but it is not ready for anything yet...

We have these cameras on hand... seen them perform well with some software packages and very bad with others... Hikvision has its own IP software, but it is not ready for anything yet...

The way I understand or remember HIK IP soft

is done by one of their partner in China

Right ?

That is what I heard too... from what I was told, they assigned quite of few of their own engineers to design a brand new IP software...

Their existing software is very cheesy and substandard... "worked" with their cameras only.. but according to them, the new package should work with other manufacturer IP cameras as well... I guess we will wait and see.

I am very impressed with their IP camera lineup... works very well and is much cheaper than most out there..

That is what I heard too... from what I was told, they assigned quite of few of their own engineers to design a brand new IP software...

Their existing software is very cheesy and substandard... "worked" with their cameras only.. but according to them, the new package should work with other manufacturer IP cameras as well... I guess we will wait and see.

I am very impressed with their IP camera lineup... works very well and is much cheaper than most out there..

Are u talking about reg and mega IP cameras ?

Do u believe HIK manufacture IP Cam ?

I don't

If you mean that Hikvision software is not ready for anything(3rd party) yet, I think they will not be later either!

Hikvision sells H.264 chips with SDK mainly, they are not really a software company but the largest player in H264 in the world.

I think that if Hikvision software in the future will support 3rd party ipdevices it will be Hikvision OEM like ****, **** and ****.

Axis, Mobotix etc I think will not be supported!

Hikvision is in a very special posistion, they are the largest buyer of H264 chips in the world! They have over 50% market share in mainland China on DVR/IP based cameras. They have been selling H264 since 2005 and we are talking of millions of devices already in the market before other companies more or less started with H264. Strategy for Hikvision is not to make other brands available in their own software, but make Hikvison IPC a must to have in every decent software!

The only problem I see for Hikvision in the west on long term is that they have a chinese business model, sell to everyone, even the grandmother to their largest customer if they can get her telephone number!

Asian/Chinese business is very different compared to western and to understand this is the biggest challange.

JD

Are u talking about reg and mega IP cameras ?

Do u believe HIK manufacture IP Cam ?

I don't

I am referring to both... and they make their own.. at least from everything we have seen. Normally if someone is OEM-ing a product, then you will see the actual manufacturer marking inside of the box... and besides Hik, nothing else shows... I guess the ultimate test will be is to go to their factory and check??

I think Hik will do well in our industry.. I know Milestone signed a contract to offer HIK IP cameras as well as many others... price points are very good and performance very nice. I am sure they can chance the packaging, but it is fine for now... it will evolve over time..

The way I understand or remember HIK IP soft

is done by one of their partner in China

Right ?

Hikvision provides several softwares and 1 of them is supposed to be developed by themself. But the new software looks more modern then the one they have bundled before, but functions seems to be on a more limited level then the "old" one. The old one is developed continuous so it is also modern, as well as it supports 3rd part IP cameras and EM-DVR/DVS.

JD

The only problem I see for Hikvision in the west on long term is that they have a chinese business model, sell to everyone, even the grandmother to their largest customer if they can get her telephone number!

Asian/Chinese business is very different compared to western and to understand this is the biggest challenge.

JD

I will agree with you

just last week I was contacted direct by one of the HIK "claim to be suppler"

and offered Cam at fairly good price

If you mean that Hikvision software is not ready for anything(3rd party) yet, I think they will not be later either!

Hikvision sells H.264 chips with SDK mainly, they are not really a software company but the largest player in H264 in the world.

I think that if Hikvision software in the future will support 3rd party ipdevices it will be Hikvision OEM like ****, **** and ****.

Axis, Mobotix etc I think will not be supported!

Hikvision is in a very special posistion, they are the largest buyer of H264 chips in the world! They have over 50% market share in mainland China on DVR/IP based cameras. They have been selling H264 since 2005 and we are talking of millions of devices already in the market before other companies more or less started with H264. Strategy for Hikvision is not to make other brands available in their own software, but make Hikvison IPC a must to have in every decent software!

Asian/Chinese business is very different compared to western and to understand this is the biggest challange.

JD

JD, they want to sell product like everyone else. Yes, they are the main player in China and sold more cameras that anyone else in the industry. That puts them in a very unique position - controlling the H.264 based camera sales... How did they achieve this type of status?

I do not care if it is a Chinese model, American Model or a model from Russia... what makes the difference is the availability of the product, the price points, the support and the most importantly, that they work...

I personally think that if Hikvision plays their cards right, they can becomes a dominant force player in our market. I do not blame them trying every angle possible to sell a product.. heck, everyone else do anyway. What I see happen is that they single handedly could change IP market, if they want by starting a price war and have their products operate with other IP software and systems.

They have both regular IP and MP IP cameras... nice mixture that covers many bases... Their SDK may come handy if they had a decent software, but I am confident that they will have something decent soon.. They have the financial muscle to explore every possible avenue available in U.S... I am not sure how well they do elsewhere, but I think they will do very good in our market.