amsmt

BNC to VGA

Hey all -

I have a customer who has a camera covering the back room of their bar. They need it to run to the dvr to record, and also to a 17" lcd monitor at the front so the employees can see if anyone is back there. I am going to use a BNC t connecter to splice the line to both locations.

My question is connecting it to the lcd moniter, I have looked online and can find adapter cables for around $10, or powered converters for roughly $50. Will the adapter do the job for me or do I need a converter to just get the video feed to the moniter?

Thanks for the help!

-Shane

You dont need any converters, just buy an LCD monitor that has composite video in.

-sounds like you already have the monitor

z

I am going to use a BNC t connecter to splice the line to both locations.

That should have been the question! Technically the video signal can only be terminated at the end of the line. If you "tee" off the signal mid-way that device should not load it with 75 ohms. Certainly the device in the web link above *will* terminate it, so if your DVR does not have a loop-through (double BNC with termination-off switch) then you will suffer loss of brightness and possibly ghosting.

Great thanks! So I do need the powered converter even if the camera is powered up in the head end.

Thanks for the help!

-Shane

You must get a powered composite to VGA adapter. The cheap ones will work, but only if the LCD monitor you use is compatible with the resolution the adapter's output. Most of the ones my suppliers sell are 680x480 (i think) and some monitors may not display this at all. Check Amazon. I bought one off there that had adjustable output up to 1024x680 (I think)

Thanks for the info - I got 2 of them at sewelldirectdotcom (can't post link)

They should be in tomorrow and I can get them hooked up. The DVR does have 2 monitor out ports so if the T causes ghosting I can run a cable from the DVR to the monitor. It is about 10 feet from the camera to view monitor and 30 feet from camera to dvr so I think I will be fine.

Thanks for the help this is great!

Just to follow up -

Those 2 adapters worked good. I had up hit the resolution button on each one once to get the acer monitors to "autoconfig".

They came on with a box saying "input not supported" even though the shots were there. Thanks for the help!

I'm sure Vasu is just trying to rack up enough worthless replies so he can put his crappy CCTV site's link on his signature. Seen it a million times..

Hey You all, First listen I am not here to write crap that you all are ere for to promote your domains and all. I am just 17 years and Old and I am workiing in IP CCTV from age of 15 and just got promotion in 3 days from just a normal technicaian to a Chief Tech, Officer and after that two jobs simulataneously including CTO as well chief opp. officer, At Gae of 17 I have that much certificates from diffrent department that much you can even think off I am the first person in India who made himself the maximum stirage serber of 32 terbytes which no body at that time can think off. I have misread the question may be a little fast thats why!! If you have other questions my capabilites right on blog.

Hey all -

I have a customer who has a camera covering the back room of their bar. They need it to run to the dvr to record, and also to a 17" lcd monitor at the front so the employees can see if anyone is back there. I am going to use a BNC t connecter to splice the line to both locations.

My question is connecting it to the lcd moniter, I have looked online and can find adapter cables for around $10, or powered converters for roughly $50. Will the adapter do the job for me or do I need a converter to just get the video feed to the moniter?

Thanks for the help!

-Shane

Does your DVR has a VGA for video output? If so, just connect it to the LCD Monitor, for most LCD monitors have VGA for video input...

Hey You all, First listen I am not here to write crap that you all are ere for to promote your domains and all. I am just 17 years and Old and I am workiing in IP CCTV from age of 15 and just got promotion in 3 days from just a normal technicaian to a Chief Tech, Officer and after that two jobs simulataneously including CTO as well chief opp. officer, At Gae of 17 I have that much certificates from diffrent department that much you can even think off I am the first person in India who made himself the maximum stirage serber of 32 terbytes which no body at that time can think off. I have misread the question may be a little fast thats why!! If you have other questions my capabilites right on blog.

ok