neptune769

American Dynamics Ultra VIIE firmware needed.

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a replacement firmware chip for an American Dynamics Speed dome. It is an Ultra Dome VIIe RAS917-LSE. The firmware is 0710-0532-0100. I am not an installer, I am a private user so American Dynamics won't supply me the part. I looked at Time Lapse Supply but they don't have it listed on the site. I sent them an E-mail, now I'm just awaiting an answer. I was hoping if someone had a bad CPU board with the right firmware I would like to buy it from you.

Regards,

Dennis L.

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a replacement firmware chip for an American Dynamics Speed dome. It is an Ultra Dome VIIe RAS917-LSE. The firmware is 0710-0532-0100. I am not an installer, I am a private user so American Dynamics won't supply me the part. I looked at Time Lapse Supply but they don't have it listed on the site. I sent them an E-mail, now I'm just awaiting an answer. I was hoping if someone had a bad CPU board with the right firmware I would like to buy it from you.

Regards,

Dennis L.

Dennis, any reason why you want to change this firmware? Unless you want to use new features that this new firmware provided (here is the link that shows it uses: http://www.tycovideo.com/WebApps/getDocument.aspx?filename=8200-0184-12_A_E.pdf), you may not need to change it in the first place.

I do not think anyone adds this part to their lineup in any website.. the main reason is that someone may sell few per year at most, if any.

Firmware does not go bad - the electronics on the board do. What is the main reason to try to change this firmware?

We can get this firmware, which is not returnable or refundable. American Dynamics is notorious about their return policies for such hardware. You must have absolute reason to change this, otherwise if the problem resides with the electronics around it, I will not recommend it.

Some of the main reasons that we upgraded these older domes to this version firmware are as follows:

1. Its compatibility with newer version matrix switch devices.

2. Full compatibility with SensorNet, RS-422, Manchester, and UTC

matrix switchers and controllers, including Pelco various protocols

3. and others...

If you have their matrix switch that has the same age as this dome, then it should be fine.. and the problem could be somewhere else rather than firmware.. These domes not only had problems with the board that this firmware resides, but also slip rings, motors and gears, etc... so, it is not necessary to change firmware unless you have a very specific uses..

If after you justify to get this firmware, then please PM me. I can get you the pricing and the delivery dates on Monday.

Hope this helps...

HI,

I actually want to change the firmware of an RAS916LS (0101-0041-01) Ultra Dome VII. I have an extra Hitachi Vk-S454R camera block. I would really like to have the Day/Night feature on that dome. American Dynamics had said that I would need to change the camera block and Firmware. Its much cheaper than buying a whole dome. If I'm not mistaken the CPU board is the same on both cameras.

Regards,

Dennis L.

HI,

I actually want to change the firmware of an RAS916LS (0101-0041-01) Ultra Dome VII. I have an extra Hitachi Vk-S454R camera block. I would really like to have the Day/Night feature on that dome. American Dynamics had said that I would need to change the camera block and Firmware. Its much cheaper than buying a whole dome. If I'm not mistaken the CPU board is the same on both cameras.

Regards,

Dennis L.

I am not sure it will work.. the chipsets on the board are different.. You can do a quick test - RAS916LS comes with hi res camera... switch it with your camera block (I do not have the spec sheets of the camera, so I will take word for it that VK-S454R is the day/night version).. If you still have full control on the dome and yet still see hi res picture, then it may be the firmware...

As far as I know the firmware does not control the video feed... rather the control of the dome functions. I know that they use much more powerful lens for RAS917 series.. so that could be an issue.. but give a trial.. getting firmware is not necessary the missing link...

I agree with CCTV_Suppliers, firmware doesn't have anything to do with video, it's 'just' for other dome functions and to provide protocol for communication. And I also agree that lens arrangement could cause problems with zoom factor.

I agree with CCTV_Suppliers, firmware doesn't have anything to do with video, it's 'just' for other dome functions and to provide protocol for communication. And I also agree that lens arrangement could cause problems with zoom factor.

Hi dvrtiger,

I think you may have misunderstood my post. I have two American Dynamics speed dome cameras. One is an Ultra VII and the other is a Ultra VIIe. I want to make the VII a VIIe. The only physical difference is the Camera block and firmware. The VII uses a Hitachi VK-S274R camera and the VIIe uses a Hitachi VK-S454R. I have an extra VK-S474R. All I need is the firmware from a VIIe.

Regards,

Dennis L.

Dennis, American Dynamics will not give this firmware on the chip... for various reasons... one of which is that it is available as a free download here: http://americandynamics.net/support/downloads_20060222_SpeedDome_Ultra_VIIE_Firmware.aspx

Now, you can download it and if you have the right tools and follow instructions, you should be able to update your firmware to latest Ultra VIIE...

However, if you have not done this before, they have a box unit that will do this trick... here: http://www.americandynamics.net/products/speeddome_adacsnet.aspx - This tool allows to program all versions of American Dynamics domes...

OR, you have to find old Ultra VIIE and take the chip from it...

Hope this is helpful...