my 3401 does this its the auto white balance from memory- change it to fixed

I think there was a firmware fix -maybe....

It caused me grief setting off motion detection

Does not matter I dont use Acti ANY MORE! BAD SERVICE! UN-responsive!

I think they have been taken over by aliens ?

oh did I say that out loud !

We are sorry to hear that there is an issue with using ACTi product which makes you feel upset. We would like to help in every way possible. However, we have no notice about this problem at all. Our customer helpdesk has not received an issue on this matter, so we are not able to help on this matter, to make sure whether there is a misconfiguration or device issues.

If you are talking about the white balance issue, then that may be caused by an old Profile inside camera. All the new cameras sold today come with new profile that has an excellent white balance and no color rolling whatsoever. Please refer to the document http://www.acti.com/support_old/Package/%7B06C8A4DF-4B6D-490B-82D6-1325596FC53.PDF

It explains the features of new profile and also mentions how to download and install the new profile. You will not have any wrong colors after that.

I hope this can solve the problem. Once again I would kindly like to let you know that we DO CARE, and we are 24/7 standby to help our customers. In most cases, there exist an easy solution to problem, but because those cases are not reported to customer helpdesk, we are not simply aware of them.

Thank you so much!! Please let me know the result with new profile. All the best!!

I also made a video clip to show the difference between old and new profiles responding to the extreme changes of lighting conditions.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76SJMFr2Ikw

As you see, the new profile is totally different from the old one. And you can download and install it into your camera for free.

Sawbones, perhaps the blue image that you saw is similar to the one on Youtube video clip on 0:25 second?

Sawbones, perhaps the blue image that you saw is similar to the one on Youtube video clip on 0:25 second?

Yep... that's pretty close.

I see. Are you going to install the new profile into your camera?

I forgot to mention, when you have installed the new profile, you can keep the White Balance in "Auto" mode, to let the new formula have its best effect. There is no need to use "manual" or "hold current".

Both the left and the right side camera displays of the youtube video were made in "Auto" white balance mode.

I see. Are you going to install the new profile into your camera?

When you say "profile," are speaking of firmware? How does one upload a "profile?"

The Firmware and Profile are different items.

You can download the latest firmware pack 3.11.13, and when you extract it, you will find both firmware files (md5, upg) and profile file (bin).

The old firmware versions did not allow changing the camera Profile by user interface in Web Configurator, but 3.11.13 is different.

So, first, upgrade your camera to firmware version 3.11.13 (if not done yet) using the md5 and upg files, and after successful installation of new firmware, in the UI of Web Configurator you will find a new menu item PROFILE by which it is possible to upgrade camera's Profile. Use that to upload the Profile file xxxxx.bin into camera.

And then it is done. No more color rolling or wrong colors ever!

You can download the latest firmware pack 3.11.13, and when you extract it, you will find both firmware files (md5, upg) and profile file (bin).

The old firmware versions did not allow changing the camera Profile by user interface in Web Configurator, but 3.11.13 is different.

So, first, upgrade your camera to firmware version 3.11.13 (if not done yet) using the md5 and upg files, and after successful installation of new firmware, in the UI of Web Configurator you will find a new menu item PROFILE by which it is possible to upgrade camera's Profile. Use that to upload the Profile file xxxxx.bin into camera.

The only problem with that is the newer firmwares don't work with Luxriot... the camera keeps losing its connection to the server. Like several other posters, I had to go back to an older firmware revision to maintain functionality.

I'll probably stick with what I have... better an imperfect picture than no picture.

The only problem with that is the newer firmwares don't work with Luxriot... the camera keeps losing its connection to the server. Like several other posters, I had to go back to an older firmware revision to maintain functionality.

I'll probably stick with what I have... better an imperfect picture than no picture.

As I understand, the compatibility issue with luxriot is the result of firmware and not the issue of profile. In that case:

1. Upgrade firmware to 3.11.13

2. Upgrade profile to version that comes with 3.11.13 package

3. Downgrade firmware to 3.10.22

As a result, the camera keeps the new profile while using old firmware. So you have nice colors as well as compatibility with Luxriot.

Give it a try?