rfidkaiser

Storage Calculation

Hi Everybody,

Storage calculation - This is a term we often come across when we are designing any system. I have read a lot of articles that shows how to calculate the storage, but still I am not convinced with them,

I would like to hear it from the experts itself. How you are calculating the storage req for your surveillance system?

Best regards,

DG

Hi Everybody,

Storage calculation - This is a term we often come across when we are designing any system. I have read a lot of articles that shows how to calculate the storage, but still I am not convinced with them,

I would like to hear it from the experts itself. How you are calculating the storage req for your surveillance system?

Best regards,

DG

I generally don't bother - I can usually give a rough estimate based on experience, but the reality of recording varies so widely, that's probably about as likely to be accurate as any actual calculations.

If you want a really good handy calculator, check out the offerings from http://www.jvsg.com/ - it will let you plug in most of the related factors (scene complexity, compression type, framerate, resolution, expected percentage of scene change and motion, etc.) to give you a fair idea.

Hi Everybody,

Best regards,

DG

I generally don't bother - I can usually give a rough estimate based on experience, but the reality of recording varies so widely, that's probably about as likely to be accurate as any actual calculations.

If you want a really good handy calculator, check out the offerings from http://www.jvsg.com/ - it will let you plug in most of the related factors (scene complexity, compression type, framerate, resolution, expected percentage of scene change and motion, etc.) to give you a fair idea.

Hi

Thank you for the reply. Is it a one of it's kind software used for CCTV system design or any other software available?

There's lots of other bandwidth and storage calculators out there, but this one seems to be the most complete, and popular, combining just about all the necessary functions for system design in one place.

But again, I go mostly by experience, in figuring storage needs as well as lens selection, so as nifty as this software is, I don't really use it much.

I am sure CCTVForum visitors have seen already the calculator of AXIS,

The thing is the bandwidth/storage calculation

in IP Video System Design Tool has no limitations in demo mode.

So it is possible to do all storage estimations without the need to purchase.

Also for me "recommended by Soundy" means a lot.

Hi,

Thank you Soundy.

Thank you Stanislav

Thank you IP man.

I really appreciate all your efforts.

Best regards,

DG