ClosedCircuitCom

Playback software issues

Mine (minus all the REM's) is...

@echo off

lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe

lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3

Umm, with Windows XP it doesnt have to have anything in it, you can delete it, it will just recreate itself as a blank file anyway. Unless you have some sound drivers or something, but I thought dos doesnt work in XP anyway ..

i dont got that file ... and no issues with DOS proggies .

EDIT, i do .. its in the System32 folder ... he he he

What I have been coming accross is, install XP2 before you install your anti-virus or firewall programs for a trouble free install

i don't run a virus program on my server. i just check it every 30. virus protection slows things down. my firewall and passwords provide me enough protection and to date I've been clean and free of. when i had a virus program running (norton) with IIS i had more problems than i do now. And, do not use that computer to surf and you'll be better off anyway.

XPPro and SP2..I've had zero problems with.

ok im running windows XP Pro SP2 and any time i try to install any type of playback software for any system i get this error

error.jpg

any suggestions?

Bet you just uninstalled something... I've seen this before. Just have to copy the file over.

virus protection slows things down.

Not true. There a quite a few AV Progs out there that aren't resource hoggers. I use Avast. It blows away Norton or McAfee (which are blotware- and completly takes over your system). You will hardly know it's there.

honestly Nortons has saved my but a few times, as Ive been downloading alot of pure code and running.testing.learning it, and the occassional ones wanted to take over ma machine !

512MB DDR 2.4Ghz XP SP2, runs smooth as could be, ofcourse its stripped right down also as far as windows services goes.

Um, rootkit comes to mind. A user is a danger to any operating system. Mandrake for instance comes out of the box listening for ports. Not a great idea.

Ummm, close the ports you don't need or should not have open in the first place and run up2date, yast or whatever daily and use iptables at the least. Of course there is the chair-keyboard interface problem. In that case, they should prob not be running Linux anyway.

Better yet, use Linux embedded, and have a firewall in place regardless via a DSL/Cable router for example running NAT with no DMZ.