prosniper

need more ir light

hi all very new here so bare with me .

a few weeks back some little fu**er knicked my £200 back box off my car..

so i have been looking in to cctv in a big way i got a 30 m nightvision camera

( sentient super night vision 105 led )

i want to be able to see my car from my upstairs first floor flat which look right at my car ( about 20 meters away on the road ) after pluging this camera in i could see my car be i feel i need a little/lots more light to be able to show :-

size build of a person near my car

how many ppl near the car ( if more than one )

what they are waring

so if anything else do got missing or any damage is caused i has enough to show the police...

is there anyway of getting more light to the car with our spending big money ?

i have been looking at things like this :-

Infra red floodlight LED IR 12volt waterproof CCTV LED

CCTV INFRARED ILLUMINATOR 60 - 100 METRE NEW GENERATION

am i on the right track ?

also i have to be carefull what i put up as the neighbours downstairs ( who i think had something to do with the exhause going in the first place )

will moan and come up with some problem for it being there or just try to throw some thing at it to get it down

PLEASE HELP

Hi prosniper.

the camera you have listed will not do what you are looking for(it is good for close-up images)

for what you need the camera to do you will not get from maplins.

if the distance is 20m away then i would look at a 50 to 70m range ir camera with varifocal lens. with around 540tv lines colour/650tv lines in black&white. i use this type all the time.

http://www.koreacctv.com/eng/images/item/571_n.pdf

p700.jpeg

that looks more like it but the link above does not take me to where a can get one or the cost.

and are the fitting just like the camera i have here ?

is just the point of taking the old one down and fitting the new one up?

that looks more like it but the link above does not take me to where a can get one or the cost.

and are the fitting just like the camera i have here ?

is just the point of taking the old one down and fitting the new one up?

yes its the same. but you also can add an extra cat5 so you can zoom in or preset an area around your car and it will automatic zoom when someone goes near it. i will pm you. you are in the uk ?? what area are you.

yes pm me please that would be a help

all i want to know is cost , and where to get one from also whats a cat5?

mail on here please

im in guildford surrey england

IR cameras are (arguably) the best value for the buck. Here are some issues I've encountered and how to possibly remedy them.

Considering that the IR illumination comes exclusively from the LED's within the camera body, LED's are not generally known for sending hot beams of light over impressive distances - They tend to "glow" like a jar of fireflies. Try comparing a maglight flashlight with an LED flashlight. The LED's may be blinding at close range, but only the maglight will hit the back fence. Moving the camera closer to the target area is the simplest solution but rarely the most practical as you will, no doubt, loose coverage of other areas.

If you must have more IR light at a distance, consider a separate IR illuminator and place it out there (closer to the target area) to suppliment the camera's IR.

Avoid pointing cameras into street lights, motion lights, the sky or into oncoming traffic as this will compromise image quality. Unless you are hunting UFO's, any skyview in CCTV is a waste of valuable viewing area. Even the night sky can provide enough light to offset the balance of your image and cause the subject area to become dark.

Consider a second IR camera with a "crossover" viewpoint from another location. I've had great success using two cameras on the front corners of my garage (right camera-looks-left, left-camera-looks-right). Some guy knocked out one of my cameras one night...not realizing that the other (crossover) camera captured a clear image of him, which landed him in jail. All my cameras work under this "buddy system".

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

Try comparing a maglight flashlight with an LED flashlight. The LED's may be blinding at close range, but only the maglight will hit the back fence.

Have you seen a Surefire LED flashlight? The Surefire Lumamax puts out 200 lumens; the Surefire M6 Guardian is 250 lumens.

See

Also see http://www.surefire.com/lightLX2

Best,

Christopher