Hello everybody,

I am looking for a good DVR card - preferably Chinese because of the lower price. After searching through the forum, I have found out that HikVision is one of the prized cards. I searched the internet and concluded that the DS-4016HCI model is probably what I need. However, I have found two other models with similar characteristics - DS-4016HCSI and DS-4016HSI. Could any of you explain me what's the most important differences between these cards.

Links to the cards (I'm new to the forum and cannot post URLs - sorry; please remove any underlines from the hostnames):

DS-4016HCI - _www._chengyu._biz/product/DVRCard/DVRCard.asp?id=12&sortid=6

DS-4016HCSI - _www._chengyu._biz/product/DVRCard/DVRCard.asp?id=40&sortid=6

DS-4016HSI - _www._atss._in/Cctv/Dvr-Card-AS-4016HSI.html

I did quite a bit of digging but I am not an expert and any help will be appreciated. I need PAL/NTSC (CIF) resolution at 25/30 fps, real-time preview and recording on all 16 ch. and no frame losses. Good image quality and good compression is a must.

I have also found a different brand of cards named differently on different sites: HK-8016H, CY-8016HB, CY-8016HBE (PCI-E), NV-18016T.

Link to the card: _www._chengyu._biz/product/dvrcard/dvrcard.asp?id=12&sortid=6.

It has similar characteristics to DS-4016HCI and I wonder which of them I should pick up.

I would appreciate if you tell me which company offers decent software, good support, etc. I want a stable system and not something that crashes often, causes hangs, etc.

As far as I understand there is only one manufacturer of a certain model and different companies that offer software and the card so depending on the company I choose I get:

- A card

- Software

However, what I do not know is:

- Do I get any warrant for the card and if the card fails within the warranty period, can I send it to the original manufacturer and get a new one;

- Is the software licensed (included in the card's price) or I need to buy an additional license after I receive the card;

- If the software is not licensed can I change the software with another company in case I do not like it;

I also wonder if buying a Chinese card is a good idea. I want a stable system with perfectly working card and no hardware/software problems. I know there are manufacturers in USA and Europe but their prices are really high. However, I follow the rule "Pay more, less headache" and I wonder if buying from USA/Europe would save me trouble.

Thanks,

Muncho

Hi munchoa.

looking to buy cheap will only be the first of many problems. and remember they are 1000s of clone cards about. even more of a problem.

you say you would prefer chinese. thats fine if you are in china. and you speak the lingo. but if you dont THINK OF SUPPORT when you start to build your dvr and you get into problem who are you going to call.

pay a bit more for your card from a good supplier. it will save you time and alot of money.

Hi tomcctv,

Thanks for your reply.

If I find a good Chinese supplier and I am sure the card is decent - I would buy. I know support could be a bit of a problem; therefore:

- I am trying to find a good card that won't cause problems;

- If possible - a good supplier that offers support if things don't go well;

What puzzles me is that there are a lot of Chinese "manufacturers" on the internet that offer the same card under different names and I need to ask someone to point me to the right company.

Hello everybody,

I am looking for a good DVR card - preferably Chinese because of the lower price. After searching through the forum, I have found out that HikVision is one of the prized cards. I searched the internet and concluded that the DS-4016HCI model is probably what I need. However, I have found two other models with similar characteristics - DS-4016HCSI and DS-4016HSI. Could any of you explain me what's the most important differences between these cards.

Links to the cards (I'm new to the forum and cannot post URLs - sorry; please remove any underlines from the hostnames):

DS-4016HCI - _www._chengyu._biz/product/DVRCard/DVRCard.asp?id=12&sortid=6

DS-4016HCSI - _www._chengyu._biz/product/DVRCard/DVRCard.asp?id=40&sortid=6

DS-4016HSI - _www._atss._in/Cctv/Dvr-Card-AS-4016HSI.html

I did quite a bit of digging but I am not an expert and any help will be appreciated. I need PAL/NTSC (CIF) resolution at 25/30 fps, real-time preview and recording on all 16 ch. and no frame losses. Good image quality and good compression is a must.

I have also found a different brand of cards named differently on different sites: HK-8016H, CY-8016HB, CY-8016HBE (PCI-E), NV-18016T.

Link to the card: _www._chengyu._biz/product/dvrcard/dvrcard.asp?id=12&sortid=6.

It has similar characteristics to DS-4016HCI and I wonder which of them I should pick up.

I would appreciate if you tell me which company offers decent software, good support, etc. I want a stable system and not something that crashes often, causes hangs, etc.

As far as I understand there is only one manufacturer of a certain model and different companies that offer software and the card so depending on the company I choose I get:

- A card

- Software

However, what I do not know is:

- Do I get any warrant for the card and if the card fails within the warranty period, can I send it to the original manufacturer and get a new one;

- Is the software licensed (included in the card's price) or I need to buy an additional license after I receive the card;

- If the software is not licensed can I change the software with another company in case I do not like it;

I also wonder if buying a Chinese card is a good idea. I want a stable system with perfectly working card and no hardware/software problems. I know there are manufacturers in USA and Europe but their prices are really high. However, I follow the rule "Pay more, less headache" and I wonder if buying from USA/Europe would save me trouble.

Thanks,

Muncho

Hi Muncho!

The Hikvision based cards is very good. Good value.

The CyTech is a company that have been using a few other names before, the GV/Kodicom series have been copy cards before with hacked software. The cards that is similar to Hikvision cards is Hikvision cards, but I am not sure what software they comes with, but my guess some pirated software. Since this is a China based company they can not copy the cards and market them, but geovision is easier since juridical and political China/Taiwan is in a dire straits. But it is harder offcourse to proof copy software since maybe give you a ftp adress or a blank CD inside shipment.

Card models: HVF/HCI/HCSI/HSI same cards it is all about prosessing power in other words: Framerate and resolution mainly.

HVF is a new card, I guess Cytech not offer it, is because they havent cracked the new softwares yet.

HVF is best

HCI second best

The other two is for playing!

JD

Hi tomcctv,

Thanks for your reply.

If I find a good Chinese supplier and I am sure the card is decent - I would buy. I know support could be a bit of a problem; therefore:

What puzzles me is that there are a lot of Chinese "manufacturers" on the internet that offer the same card under different names and I need to ask someone to point me to the right company.

well the forum is a place to get advice and i have given you mine. and it sounds like you have not built a dvr before. but you still wish to buy from china. they has been alot of people who come on the forum after buying cards from china and ebay only to find the best place for it is the bin.

other problems you will have are / does the pc you are going to add the card to have the spec for the card/ cards have to come with the drivers for that card (if not just bin it) then software and manual (oops yours will come in chinese) munchoa you say , I know support could be a bit of a problem you will get no support once they have your money its not there problem.

Hi JOINDVR,

Thank you very much for your replay. This is useful information indeed!

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid - a pirated card. I've seen other manufacturers who offer the same card (DS-4016HCI) on the internet including "Shenzhen Hyking Industrial Co" (_kingcctv._com), "SuniDVR" (_www._sunidvr._com), "EverView" (_www._ever-view._com), "New Vision" (_www._cctvnv._com) that I wonder which of them is real. Could you please point me to some reliable supplier that offers the card?

Thank you for explaining me the differences between the cards. That made things more clear.

Can you tell me something about the other type of cards: HK-8016H, CY-8016HB, CY-8016HBE and NV-18016T? In fact HK-8016H is offered by "Shenzhen Hyking Industrial Co", CY-8016HB and CY-8016HBE - by Cytech and NV-18016T - by "New Vision". So I guess any of them may actually offer a pirated card. Cytech branded the card as "HB Series". The card looks the same for all manufacturers.

Hi tomcctv,

Thanks for your reply.

well the forum is a place to get advice and i have given you mine. and it sounds like you have not built a dvr before. but you still wish to buy from china. they has been alot of people who come on the forum after buying cards from china and ebay only to find the best place for it is the bin.

other problems you will have are / does the pc you are going to add the card to have the spec for the card/ cards have to come with the drivers for that card (if not just bin it) then software and manual (oops yours will come in chinese) munchoa you say , I know support could be a bit of a problem you will get no support once they have your money its not there problem.

Hi tomcctv,

You are right - I haven't built a DVR before and I am trying to get it right from the first time So any help is appreciated

Support is something good suppliers offer to their clients to stay in business. Therefore, I believe there must be suppliers out there who offer adequate support. After all, if you don't get support you don't buy from them anymore. Am I right?

As to system requirements Hikvision's DS-4016HCI has fairly low requirements - Intel chipset, Intel Integrated Graphics Controller and RAM/HDD is not a problem.

Many customers are using Hikvision cards now. By the way, the new card is not named HVF, but 42XXHFV, which can be used to do single video output to TV monitor itself. 40XXHS card doesn't support dual stream. 40XXHC card supports dual stream but not full D1. 4008HF card supports full D1 and dual stream but may be a little expensive. Fewer people are using HCS. Generally speaking, 40XXHC card is the most popular for its good price and stability. When you want to use it as D1 and dual stream, you can halve your channels. For details, have a look at this link:

http://cqax.meibu.com/download/userManuals/hardwareManual/hik/cards/NV40xxHC(HS)MDCardUserManual.pdf

If you want to get some softwares for test, i can offer server and client with user manual.

Any problems, welcome to PM me.

Hi JOINDVR,

Thank you very much for your replay. This is useful information indeed!

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid - a pirated card. I've seen other manufacturers who offer the same card (DS-4016HCI) on the internet including "Shenzhen Hyking Industrial Co" (_kingcctv._com), "SuniDVR" (_www._sunidvr._com), "EverView" (_www._ever-view._com), "New Vision" (_www._cctvnv._com) that I wonder which of them is real. Could you please point me to some reliable supplier that offers the card?

Thank you for explaining me the differences between the cards. That made things more clear.

Can you tell me something about the other type of cards: HK-8016H, CY-8016HB, CY-8016HBE and NV-18016T? In fact HK-8016H is offered by "Shenzhen Hyking Industrial Co", CY-8016HB and CY-8016HBE - by Cytech and NV-18016T - by "New Vision". So I guess any of them may actually offer a pirated card. Cytech branded the card as "HB Series". The card looks the same for all manufacturers.

Hi!

KingcctvHK-DS4016HCI where HK means HaiKang = Hikvision orginal card, software ??

Sunidvr DS-4016HCI is also a Hikvision card 0 Hikvision org card, Software ??

Ever-view Not much info on website, but software I think ok, picture of 1 card and that is not a Hikvision card, but I think this company is ok, but I dont know, but I think this is a former Skyvision employee.

Newvision is copy Geovision cards for sure!

Hikvision cards isnt really copy cards but software can be! And then there can be bugs as well as problems in the future with upgrades etc.

JD

Many customers are using Hikvision cards now. By the way, the new card is not named HVF, but 42XXHFV, which can be used to do single video output to TV monitor itself. 40XXHS card doesn't support dual stream. 40XXHC card supports dual stream but not full D1. 4008HF card supports full D1 and dual stream but may be a little expensive. Fewer people are using HCS. Generally speaking, 40XXHC card is the most popular for its good price and stability. When you want to use it as D1 and dual stream, you can halve your channels. For details, have a look at this link:

http://cqax.meibu.com/download/userManuals/hardwareManual/hik/cards/NV40xxHC(HS)MDCardUserManual.pdf

If you want to get some softwares for test, i can offer server and client with user manual.

William why don't suggest OP to talk to some of your

own Dealers-customers ?

Hi Munchoa!

What part of the world are you located in?

JD

Sorry, the link is not working now. Try to use this one:

http://cqax.5166.info/download/userManuals/hardwareManual/hik/cards/NV40xxHC(HS)MDCardUserManual.pdf

Hi ak357, I only want to give the advice to customers. What i wish is they can get what they want. I don't have to give them my name here. If they are intrested about our software, they can ask me for it, right?

http://cqax.5166.info/download/userManuals/hardwareManual/hik/cards/NV40xxHC(HS)MDCardUserManual.pdf

Hi ak357, I only want to give the advice to customers. What i wish is they can get what they want. I don't have to give them my name here[/b]. If they are intrested about our software, they can ask me for it, right?

yes u dont have to, but you did

Hi ak357, I only want to give the advice to customers. What i wish is they can get what they want. I don't have to give them my name here[/b]. If they are intrested about our software, they can ask me for it, right?

Yes and I do appreciate that he also told me of his Software when I was looking for a DVR card + software. I am currently using Netvision Trial to record 16Ch in CIF on a Hikvision card. It is the best Software i have seen so far and I have tried about 4-5 different ones. The performance is also real good - completely fluent on a Sempron 2400+ with 512MB. I have to admit that I was impressed. I am going to get 4 more cards now from Netvision.

Yes and I do appreciate that he also told me of his Software when I was looking for a DVR card + software. I am currently using Netvision Trial to record 16Ch in CIF on a Hikvision card. It is the best Software i have seen so far and I have tried about 4-5 different ones. The performance is also real good - completely fluent on a Sempron 2400+ with 512MB. I have to admit that I was impressed. I am going to get 4 more cards now from Netvision.

That my point from "Netvision"

That my point from "Netvision"

What do you mean? I have also checked Everview and Linovision, but if I buy the card from Netvision I get the Netvision Software for free with the card and I just mentioned before that the Netvision Software is the best one I have found for Hikvision cards. Besides that Netvision is not more expensive than the other Hikvision suppliers, but deliver better Software (imo). I have been working with Comart DVR cards for a few years, but the Comart Software is really poor compared to Netvision.

I havent tried Geovision or Avermedia - they are just too expensive with hardware encoding.

Edited by Guest

What do you mean? I have also checked Everview and Linovision, but if I buy the card from Netvision I get the Netvision Software for free with the card and I just mentioned before that the Netvision Software is the best one I have found for Hikvision cards. Besides that Netvision is not more expensive than the other Hikvision suppliers, but deliver better Software (imo). I have been working with Comart DVR cards for a few years, but the Comart Software is really poor compared to Netvision.

I havent tried Geovision or Avermedia - they are just too expensive with hardware encoding. Why pay 2500$ for a card from Avermedia if the Hikvision card does the same for 560$? Better support? I can buy 3 Hikvision cards instead of 1 Avermedia and still save money.[/quote

$2500 for avermedia card. avermedia dont ask anywere near that price someone has been giving you bad advice. and the aver does alot more than the cards you have been looking at.

Thank you very much!

And I have to say is that, I told Koolmer about our software just because he sent PM to me.

I havent tried Geovision or Avermedia - they are just too expensive with hardware encoding. Why pay 2500$ for a card from Avermedia if the Hikvision card does the same for 560$? Better support? I can buy 3 Hikvision cards instead of 1 Avermedia and still save money.

Who ever gave you that price was incorrect.

But anyway ... the point is NOT the card itself, it is the stability of the drivers and software. The card can be purchased for cheap in many cases, but you are paying for the software. If you have ever seen the unfinished and highly unstable software that comes with many cheap asian DVRs then you would understand.

Who ever gave you that price was incorrect.

But anyway ... the point is NOT the card itself, it is the stability of the drivers and software. The card can be purchased for cheap in many cases, but you are paying for the software. If you have ever seen the unfinished and highly unstable software that comes with many cheap asian DVRs then you would understand.

What do you mean "The price is incorrect"?

Edit: Oh you mean the Avermedia price was too high. Yeah it was 2.300$ in an online shop. It was not hardware H.264, but MPEG4. I can see some people having beef with chinese cards/software. I haven't had any trouble yet and I hope I will not have any. I just wanted to say that the chinese "cheap" card gave me better performance and features than the "professional" card (Comart) that was a lot more expensive.

Of course I would not recommend to anyone to buy at eBay or some fishy asian company. However there are a few good ones that also put their Software Trials into the net for the customers and I think this is already a good sign. I have tried a few and I can take now what I liked best.

What do you mean "The price is incorrect"?

Edit: Oh you mean the Avermedia price was too high. Yeah it was 2.300$ in an online shop. It was not hardware H.264, but MPEG4. I can see some people having beef with chinese cards/software. I haven't had any trouble yet and I hope I will not have any. I just wanted to say that the chinese "cheap" card gave me better performance and features than the "professional" card (Comart) that was a lot more expensive.

Of course I would not recommend to anyone to buy at eBay or some fishy asian company. However there are a few good ones that also put their Software Trials into the net for the customers and I think this is already a good sign. I have tried a few and I can take now what I liked best.

Well at that kind of price no wonder you are looking to chinese cards. Even Geovision 16 channel cards dont come anywhere close to that price. Also are you actually looking at Avermedia and Geovision "dealer" prices or just retail online, and then comparing it to the chinese prices which would be more like dealer price as they sell to anyone? Edit. ok the geo hardware compression is pretty pricey, but who uses that anyway? Though take a look at Nuuo and you can buy it right in the US, they are about 1/2 the cost with the hardware compression cards.

Also, are you going to order a card from china for your customer? What happens when it doesnt work or needs replacing? Thats a long way to ship it and a long time for them to be without video recording. Or is this just for your own personal use? Or are you ordering 100-1000 pieces?

But the main thing is that you are happy.

Also you mentioned you are recording in CIF mode, why would you do that?

Well at that kind of price no wonder you are looking to chinese cards. Even Geovision 16 channel cards dont come anywhere close to that price. Also are you actually looking at Avermedia and Geovision "dealer" prices or just retail online, and then comparing it to the chinese prices which would be more like dealer price as they sell to anyone? Edit. ok the geo hardware compression is pretty pricey, but who uses that anyway? Though take a look at Nuuo and you can buy it right in the US, they are about 1/2 the cost with the hardware compression cards.

Also, are you going to order a card from china for your customer? What happens when it doesnt work or needs replacing? Thats a long way to ship it and a long time for them to be without video recording. Or is this just for your own personal use? Or are you ordering 100-1000 pieces?

But the main thing is that you are happy.

Also you mentioned you are recording in CIF mode, why would you do that?

I am installer, but the cards are for our own company. I know it is trickey with warranty, because of the huge distance. I wanted to have a 16 Channel H.264 recording card and a co-worker of mine has used Hikvision successfully. I only order 4 cards for now. Don't know about later. I don't know if the dealer is authorized partner or not. However it also seems that Avermedia doesn't support full screen viewing in 1080p and this is important for me.

The only reason that I use only CIF currently is that the card that I have only does CIF. I got it from the same co-worker for free, as he had no use for it anymore. I had a Comart Hicap-100 before that cost me a fortune a few years ago. The CIF H.264 hardware encoding card from Hik has better quality. The image is also clearer if compared to the 2CIF recording from Comart. Not sure about 4CIF.

1080p with cif your customer will not be happy with the picture on the screen. i am with rory WHY WHY IN CIF why build an old system you have had some very good advice on here from people with years in the industry. but you wish to ignore it. from reading all your posts what i can make out is you are an installer selling cheap chines systems and now you are looking to build your own to make it even cheaper. what a way to run a buisness (cheap out of date dvrs) i will just leave you with this note Koolmer. a good installer has what is called a duty or care to its customer. i.e a system that does the job it is intended to do. to protect staff and property. with good back-up service from the installer. with cheap build your own chines systems this can never be done.

1080p with cif your customer will not be happy with the picture on the screen. i am with rory WHY WHY IN CIF why build an old system you have had some very good advice on here from people with years in the industry. but you wish to ignore it. from reading all your posts what i can make out is you are an installer selling cheap chines systems and now you are looking to build your own to make it even cheaper. what a way to run a buisness (cheap out of date dvrs) i will just leave you with this note Koolmer. a good installer has what is called a duty or care to its customer. i.e a system that does the job it is intended to do. to protect staff and property. with good back-up service from the installer. with cheap build your own chines systems this can never be done.

You make me smile. The card with CIF was for testing and installed for free

The cards I am buying are 4CIF and display is always 4CIF real time - no matter what you record. I have a few years of experience too and I am not ignoring any info I am getting here. The quality is very important - I agree and I think you got a wrong picture of what I am buying/doing.

Hi!

KingcctvHK-DS4016HCI where HK means HaiKang = Hikvision orginal card, software ??

Sunidvr DS-4016HCI is also a Hikvision card 0 Hikvision org card, Software ??

Ever-view Not much info on website, but software I think ok, picture of 1 card and that is not a Hikvision card, but I think this company is ok, but I dont know, but I think this is a former Skyvision employee.

Newvision is copy Geovision cards for sure!

Hikvision cards isnt really copy cards but software can be! And then there can be bugs as well as problems in the future with upgrades etc.

JD

Hi JOINDVR,

Thank you for your reply. Now I know I have to be extremely careful from where I buy in order to get real card and software. I have managed to find out who is the manufacturer of the HK-8016H, CY-8016HB and the NV-18016T cards. It's name is Hanbang (_www._hbgk._net/english/index.asp) and the model of the card specified on their site is HB18016T (_www._hbgk._net/english/ProductShow.asp?ID=109). The way the card looks is slightly different from the others but I guess it's a newer model. Could you tell me something about the Hanbang cards?

What part of the world are you located in?

I am in USA.

_cqax._meibu._com/download/userManuals/hardwareManual/hik/cards/NV40xxHC(HS)MDCardUserManual.pdf

Hi william_netvisiondvr,

Thank you for your offer. For now, I'm still trying to figure out which DVR card to buy. However, I'm interested in software too. Does your company offer the card with licensed software or just a trial version?

Hi rory,

You are praising Nuuo (_www._nuuo._com), but their SCB-5016 card looks exactly the same way as the DS-4016HCI Hikvision card. I found the card here _www._dynamicsurveillance._com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=9161 and its price does not look cheap to me. Nuuo is in Taiwan though, so I don't know who is copying from who.