Hi rory,

You are praising Nuuo (_www._nuuo._com), but their SCB-5016 card looks exactly the same way as the DS-4016HCI Hikvision card. I found the card here _www._dynamicsurveillance._com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=9161 and its price does not look cheap to me. Nuuo is in Taiwan though, so I don't know who is copying from who.

Did you realize that many use the same cards from a separate manufacturer all together? Example, Geovision cards are (were) from a manufacturer in Korea. As mentioned before, most DVR Companies are ONLY software developers.

And you speak of Nuuo and the other card, but the fact is we can buy the Nuuo card in the USA and not have to order from Asia, regardless of where the actual card originated from, and that is what matters, ofcourse in addition to the software and drivers being stable and feature rich. I am not going to order something from as far as Asia, I would be crazy to do such a thing unless I was ordering 100+ units to resell but then I would also need some major turn over for them and would need to include a visit to their factory to make sure they even exist. I mean I dont go buying a TV from a factory in China.

BTW yes that link you posted, their Nuuo prices are high due to that being Retail, I wouldn't have to pay anything close to that myself and if you are in business you should not have to either.

I am in USA.

I beg to differ .. unless you are on a proxy? Why would you lie about which country you are in?

1080p with cif your customer will not be happy with the picture on the screen. i am with rory WHY WHY IN CIF why build an old system you have had some very good advice on here from people with years in the industry. but you wish to ignore it. from reading all your posts what i can make out is you are an installer selling cheap chines systems and now you are looking to build your own to make it even cheaper. what a way to run a buisness (cheap out of date dvrs) i will just leave you with this note Koolmer. a good installer has what is called a duty or care to its customer. i.e a system that does the job it is intended to do. to protect staff and property. with good back-up service from the installer. with cheap build your own chines systems this can never be done.

You make me smile. The card with CIF was for testing and installed for free

The cards I am buying are 4CIF and display is always 4CIF real time - no matter what you record. I have a few years of experience too and I am not ignoring any info I am getting here. The quality is very important - I agree and I think you got a wrong picture of what I am buying/doing.

KOOLMER. this is your quote from earler post. The only reason that I use only CIF currently is that the card that I have only does CIF. I got it from the same co-worker for free, as he had no use for it anymore. I had a Comart Hicap-100 before that cost me a fortune a few years ago. The CIF H.264 hardware encoding card from Hik has better quality. The image is also clearer if compared to the 2CIF recording from Comart. Not sure about 4CIF.

first you say cif then 4cif you must drive your customers mad.

I am in USA.

I beg to differ .. unless you are on a proxy? Why would you lie about which country you are in?

Hi rory,

Well it's USA where I need the card shipped to. I'm helping out to a friend who wants to build a DVR for his home and does not want to spend too much money on it. He is not too much of a tech guy (as neither am I) but I'm sure he can handle it.

Hi rory,

Well it's USA where I need the card shipped to. I'm helping out to a friend who wants to build a DVR for his home and does not want to spend too much money on it. He is not too much of a tech guy (as neither am I) but I'm sure he can handle it.

Ok no problem.

The way I see it though is you only would be saving money with the 16 channel cards, 4 channel cards are about the same cost all around. Check Netvision though they are on this forum at least. Id like to know if they had a place to buy their card in the US though (PM only if they do thanks).

Hi william_netvisiondvr,

Thank you for your offer. For now, I'm still trying to figure out which DVR card to buy. However, I'm interested in software too. Does your company offer the card with licensed software or just a trial version?

Sure, we offer cards with licensed software. Also, you can download software from our website to test. If you want to get the link, PM me please.

Hi rory,

Ok no problem.

The way I see it though is you only would be saving money with the 16 channel cards, 4 channel cards are about the same cost all around. Check Netvision though they are on this forum at least. Id like to know if they had a place to buy their card in the US though (PM only if they do thanks).

Yes, we have dealer in the USA. If you really want to buy cards or softwares, PM me please.

Hi rory,

Ok no problem.

Yes, we have dealer in the USA. If you really want to buy cards or softwares, PM me please.

That the answer we expect from company who has dealers in North America

Hope you understand my point

Yes, there are a lot manufacuters in China here. Dare to say, nearly 80% of security products (cameras, DVR,...) are made in China.

Hikvision IS FAMOUS with their Hardware compressing cards, but with a little high price.

We, AOPVISION is also a professional manufactuer of DVR/ cards, but most of our cards are for software compression(h.264, D1.....)

AOP-BC / BS (W / W.O Audio) series cards are popular and good quality, Which support nearly all kinds of motherboards (Intel...AMD.....)

Please feel free to contact me.

Best regards.

I am posting with sensitivity , as i hope not to appear promotional.

The question directly asked for a chinese card.

(1) Hikvision

(2) Hanbang

(3) Dahua

The Hikvision card is well reputed and used worldwide, in fact I think they have offices in the US.

Hanbang has been developing DVR cards for close on 16 years.

I represent dahua, which is better know for their standalone DVR's, but of late have developed a nice Hardware Compression card. Incidentally we prefer using it with the digivision/netvision software mentioned by another poster here.

I personally would not look beyond these manufacturers for DVR cards.

I would like to mention that the entire Chinese Miracle from the 80's through to very recently where all built on Chinese Technology - in a market that was virtually inaccessible to western companies.

Once you start looking beyond the top 3-4 players in any Chinese industry though, you may be looking for trouble.

I am posting with sensitivity , as i hope not to appear promotional.

The question directly asked for a chinese card.

(1) Hikvision

(2) Hanbang

(3) Dahua

The Hikvision card is well reputed and used worldwide, in fact I think they have offices in the US.

Hanbang has been developing DVR cards for close on 16 years.

I represent dahua, which is better know for their standalone DVR's, but of late have developed a nice Hardware Compression card. Incidentally we prefer using it with the digivision/netvision software mentioned by another poster here.

I personally would not look beyond these manufacturers for DVR cards.

I would like to mention that the entire Chinese Miracle from the 80's through to very recently where all built on Chinese Technology - in a market that was virtually inaccessible to western companies.

Once you start looking beyond the top 3-4 players in any Chinese industry though, you may be looking for trouble.

Hi! I was just thinking after reading your message here that I remembered Thakral cards that I used in the early 2000 that had a pretty good MPEG1 CIF 25FPS recording PAL and was thinking to ask you since you are based in China what is status on Thakral today?

JD

Funny that you mention Dahua now. I just bought one a few weeks ago and was very pleased with the performance. It works just as well as the Hikvision cards. I didn't notice any difference in quality. The prices of Dahua are better though, much better.