VJD

Panasonic WV-CP480

Yes, and it's pretty good for a network camera, but damm pricey as hell, around 1000.00 without lens.

You might be thinking about a different model. I don't believe it is a network camera.

I have seen it retail for $425.

is this the upgrade to the 474??

They spec they only go to 0.06 lux in BW, where other models are 0.01 in BW such as some other Exviews, any ideas if these keep up to par with the exview as to low light capabilities?

Looks pretty good. I was not aware of SDIII. Will have to check it out some more.

We have the WV-CP474 and a WV-BP334 B/W cam and they are decent.

The SD3 will be an awesome camera

but always be carefull when considering lux ratings, you need to know the scene reflectance and at what IRE the rating was taken at, many cheat but they are supposed to mention the scene reflectance value and the IRE, a lot cheat at 50 IRE

This model changes SDII completely. All Panasonic SDII are gone and being replaced by SDIII.

As matter of fact, their low cost domes are gone too and if you want a Panasonic dome, you get their high end only... No replacements yet..

We have already used few of them and they look ok... Not sure if it is better that SDII version, but we will wait and see... The only major difference, according to Panasonic, is better "filtering" ----

I think since Bosch came with an excellent condender, Panasonic is trying to show that they have something better.... I DO NOT THINK SO!

Pricing is $20 more than SDII version of the cameras, but not worth it. Sanyo and Ganz just introduced cameras that I think are very good condenders as well and at much more cost effective price!

My advise - keep away from Panasonic for the next 3 months at least. They are "re-organizing".... Any order we place, it takes them at least 3 weeks to get product. No tech support help and no customer service. According to my information, they already shut down their New Jersey and Seattle locations and slowly moving everything and everyone to Chicago... Besides them dumping their reps, they also eliminated many older jobs within...

And they always want to charge the most possible....????

Levon

oh ya. i actually JUST used some of those for an install. First time I had ever used those and they worked great. Great picture. Easy install. No problems yet.

isaac