bantham1

Not very happy

I finally got my new cable installed for the 484s cameras. After a long day of pulling wire, I discovered a couple major problems. The cameras power on with the good 18/2 vs cheap RCA, which did not work with the cameras (100 feet junk). I found out one of my cameras is missing two buttons, and another is missing a mounting bracket. Needless to say, I am not very happy about the merchant I purchased them from.

IMG00115-20091218-2028.jpg.c1fb8db4d82579322aba1a9bb3fc9564.jpg

What cameras are those in the photo?

The Panasonic 484's are supposed to look like this:

116448_1.jpg

This is what the guts look like with the dome cover off. There is the dome cover, board/lens, and mounting bracket (supposed to be).

Needless to say, I am not very happy about the merchant I purchased them from.

Where did you get them? Did the cameras appear to be NIB?

Best,

Christopher

I purchased them from an online supplier that said the cameras were re-certified by Panasonic. Either Panasonic did a lousy job checking the cameras, or the supplier is selling garbage to consumers. I have purchased re-certified products before and have not had this issue like this.

I purchased them from an online supplier that said the cameras were re-certified by Panasonic.

Are they an authorized Panasonic dealer?

Best,

Christopher

I purchased them from an online supplier that said the cameras were re-certified by Panasonic. Either Panasonic did a lousy job checking the cameras, or the supplier is selling garbage to consumers. I have purchased re-certified products before and have not had this issue like this.

I'd be more inclined to believe this is an ethically challenge dealer that sold you customer returns without even checking them. Highly doubtful Panasonic would compromise their reputation over a few cameras. You might want to dig further as you might find this dealer might have lost their "authorized" reseller status if they ever had one. Sadly, more often than not we deal with resellers that knowingly claim they are "authorized" by flat out deception.

The way I would handle this is to e-mail (preferably) and state your case while demanding a full refund and a UPS ARS label so you don't have to pay return shipping. If they are unresponsive simply let them know that you will be contacting your credit card company to start the chargeback process. I've gotten to the point that I won't play with ethically challenge dealers and cut them no slack when they try to jerk the customer around.

If you don't mind saying what dealer you bought these from as I like to keep a running list of who not to deal with. Also, if this dealer handles your problem without hassle and you feel this could be an honest mistake, let us know as well. I always like to be fair

Yes, hopefully they will resolve the issue. I put the cameras on my AMEX card which has always sided with me if I have had an issue with a chargeback. Hopefully I will not have to utilize the chargeback process, but it is nice to know I have that option.