squale

Can somebody give me a rock bottom price on Geovision GV-250

What's the absolute LOWEST price somebody here can give me on a Geovision GV-250 card?

including shipping to zip code: 07438 in the US

Is this a good card to go with by the way for like a 3 cam setup?

anybody?

common there has to be some Geovision distributors in here..

I need prices on the GV-250 AND the GV-600... PM me..

I dont like to upset other countries distributors so I cant give you a price, but if you feel like your being ripped off then I will let you know if you can tell me the price.

P.S. Get the 600 card not the 250 as it will not support DSP card or Audio

DSP OVERLAY

The Geovision system allows for the additional purchase of the "Real TIme Card" or GVDSP, this card allows for a full 400fps live display. The DSP card will make the Geovision viewing screen appear just like an analogue Multiplexor, without missing a single frame.

When watching a television broadcast the viewable frame rate is faster than 25fps, this means that you will not see any lag or skipping of frames, in laymens terms this means that the person walking past a camera will be viewed in the same way that an anlogue CCTV monitor would view a direct input from a camera, therfore there will be no staggered affect of movement.

The DSP also allows for a composite 75OHM output, this means that the signal sent form the DSP card to second monitor (spot monitor) will be a balanced 75OHM signal and will display in a Multiplexed format. The advantages of this kind of output are many, by using the Multiplexed DSP output you will not see the GUI (Graphical User Interface) of the Geovision system on the second monitor. Without the Graphical Interface the second montior will display exactly like an analogue multiplexor and will not miss a single frame, any changes made to the layout of the cameras on the Main system will be represented on the second monitor minus the GUI interface.

Because the DSP card is independant of the PC video card it can generate a signal that is not digitised, this means that the signal can run for a longer distance and because the signal is a direct overlay any DVR system with this card inserted will display a resoundingly better viewable picture quality (up to 40% improvement depending on resolution of cameras used).

SUMMARY

The DSP overlay card is designed to allow the user to feel that they are operating an Analogue device and provides higher than normal quality images for live display without replicating password settings or GUI interface on the second monitor.

well If I got the GV-800 card I would NOT have a need for this then right cause I would be seeing 30 FPS per camera anyhow right?

this is talking about 4 cameras connected at once..

Giddy up!!!!

The DSP provides better picture quality and a second output without GUI and if it were a 16 cam system you would have more need than a 4 ch system which would be 25FPS ONLY at 320x240 not at 640x480.....cmon Hermin you know you want me!!!

Giddy up!!!!

The DSP provides better picture quality and a second output without GUI and if it were a 16 cam system you would have more need than a 4 ch system which would be 25FPS ONLY at 320x240 not at 640x480.....cmon Hermin you know you want me!!!

lol, you guys are nuts.... hahha

anyhow, you saying that if you got the GV-1000 card and hooked up 16 cameras that you can only get 30 FPS NTSC and each camera CAN'T be bigger than 320x240?

why is that?

the GV-800 and GV-600 both go up to 640x480 at 30 FPS NTSC so I would definately think the higher priced GV-1000 would do this too..

ah.. okay..

so ALL of the Geo cards are spec'ed at using a 320x240 window huh..

who makes chips with onboard compression? how much are they?

yeah you have a good point, it might happen..

hey they might come out with something like the BlueNet which I think is a great idea IF IT HAD MORE INPUTS. But that using a proprietary hardware compression.