scorpion

Who is the Bosch Divar Expert

I could be for the right price

Maybe cctv_expert .. he use to be connected to Bosch.

I am walking in to a blind service call, and I have never touched one, or seen one.

The setup appears to be a 9 Channel DVR that is located "somewhere". There appears to be 4, or 5 VCRs, and they have to " press a whole bunch of switches in order to record video". I am assuming that they have to multiplex to a specific camera to record to the VCR.

One of the questions was stated as:

We cannot view (or was it download) video. We can go back 10 days, and then we can access the video, and anything older, but not immeadiate video. This does not make any sense to me, but I wonder if there is a setup that would create this scenario? I do not know if this is through the panel, or through a remote software.

Does this DVR convert video to AVI easly?

I will have more questions after I have a look see.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hey Rory! Do you have a 99 cent menu for your expert advice?

Could be a load of things, but most likely they have activated the second screen input - the Divar can do multiple screens - so its possible they are trying to use a screen that is not connected, its akin to switching to AV2 - you willbe able to tell by where the yellow light is and what line it is on.

Try pressing the different montior screens and see what happens

Thanks for the heads up!

I also find it interesting that you have to press Alt key before you can get in to the menu.

Thanks for the heads up!

I also find it interesting that you have to press Alt key before you can get in to the menu.

Is that all? I find the Bosch Divar high cost rather interesting

And no .. no 99 cent menus at this locale

Hello!

It is a 16 ch unit.

On a computer when you press the Export button you have to go back in time before the Export "button" "lights" up. It stays "greyed" out.

Going in to the menu all of the cameras are set for NO Block.

If it is set for no block then I should be able to export video from earlier in the day, or the day before. I had to go back to the 8th it appeared.

I did not get much time to look at this as I was asked to leave so they could secure that section of the building for an "incident".

Any ideas how to export immediate footage?

I will have to go back and look at it again.

Thanks

Apologies for re-opening this Topic!

I have a 9 Channel Bosch Divar as described here with the ALT button etc.

The Control Center Software stopped working and I can no longer Ping the Device, I plugged in an old CRT screen and can just about make out what is on it..

"Please wait for SCSI"

I have rebooted it a couple of times but the same message keeps appearing, It's been in operation for 4 to 5 years with 3 Pelco Colour Domes, 1 Number Plate Reader, 5 Fixed B/W Cameras.

I'm thinking their could be a SCSI HDD problem

Anyone seen this error before?

Thanks

Yes its the HDD - Guess what it's not even a SCSI drive - Western Digital IDE 320GB - I just took a 15Gb Drive out of an old Windows 2000 Client PC to test it and its all up and running again, although granted the overwrite time is about a day instead of 30 ! Drive on Order!