MiamiRob

Requesting Comments on Security Cameras for Condo

Hi Rob,

Since you are located in Miami, perhaps you can convince your integrator to bring in samples of their cameras to test against USAG's cameras live. We are in Deerfield Beach.

I think that doing a test under a variety of conditions, including low light, might be very helpful for your project.

We are a manufacturer so we do not sell to end users, but you can certainly participate in the comparison. You can send me a PM or fill out a request for information on our site at http://www.usaginc.com/ -- just click the Contact Us tab and the link on the upper right of the contact us page will take you to our information request form.

Yours Truly,

David

Hi Rob,

As an aside, have you considered the benefits of financing the equipment? USAG offers its dealers lease financing for end users. It will allow you to break up the costs of the project into monthly payments instead of paying it all upfront. If you are planning to charge an assessment to get this done, for example, you could spread the costs over 5 years instead of one large, upfront payment through leasing the equipment.

--David

P.S. The camera comparison I proposed earlier does not have to be done in Deerfield Beach. It could be done in miami if that is more convenient.

You do not have to go analog cameras in the elevators, you can use a DSL-type converter to transmit Ethernet over the elevator traveler cable, I've had good luck with these http://netsys-direct.com/proddetail.php?prod=NH-300SEKIT for a single cam they'll work fine, or they have higher data rate models available, too.

As far as the Vivotek, I have had significant reliability problems with them, Acti has been far more reliable, for me.