stuspick

Will wireless video sender work?

Hi,

I have a kodicom card on my PC which outputs the video through RCA cable to my tv on the main floor. I would also like to get this signal upstairs in my bedroom but don't want to use cables. Will a wireless video sender work?

The part that confuses me, is if the signal coming from my PC has to split? Not sure how the connections work for these wireless video senders.

Yes. Some sort of wireless video transmitter will work. Just be ware of the sweatshop junk resold on Ebay for 5 times it's worth... This stuff is cheap and often not supported.

Also know that with wireless it will be unreliable, and you will loose a significant amount of resolution in the transmission. Even with the expensive VideoCom units I've worked with...

There are a million and one reasons why pros will tell you to just run the cable to the TV you want to view it on... but feel free to be a cowboy in cowboy land.

Yes. You may prefer to have a battery back up to keep it powered duing power glitches.

There are some that stay on a "channel" that is selected. There are other where you have to toggle through one, two, three, and channel 4. They default back to channel 1 when the power goes out. You will have to check the one that you buy. You will want want that has a 4 postion slide switch.

Hi,

I have a kodicom card on my PC which outputs the video through RCA cable to my tv on the main floor. I would also like to get this signal upstairs in my bedroom but don't want to use cables. Will a wireless video sender work?

The part that confuses me, is if the signal coming from my PC has to split? Not sure how the connections work for these wireless video senders.

O man wireless sucks, whit a 1.5 Watt 2.4Ghz sender not even 20 meters inside a building.

Whit 1 Watt 900-1.2ghz also a lot of crap picture.

Maybe whit the digital 2.4 Ghz hopping technology it will work better.

Lorex got some cams i think that are digital.