mateck8888

Exporting past the hour mark. Can it be done?

Hello:

Just wondering if anyone has a solution to this. I have two systems (v7.7 and a 7.5) that both do the same thing. When you want to export a clip, you select a marker at the start point, and a marker at the end point, and go to export video. Everything works fine. UNLESS: If you want to export past the hour mark. Let's say you want from 5:55 to 6:03. You can place an "in" marker at 5:55, but when you switch to the 6:00 hour to put your marker at 6:03, the first marker will no longer be there.

I can't believe that AverMedia would have such a huge flaw, so I'm hoping I am missing something here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

GOT A RESPONSE FROM AVER: It turns out there is NO fix for this. It is a know issue. Really amazing that a large company with such a nice product could screw up something so bad!

I guess crime is not supposed to take place at the top of the hour. You CAN NOT get a continuous clip from 9:59:00 to 10:01:00. You would have to make that into two clips.

GOT A RESPONSE FROM AVER: It turns out there is NO fix for this. It is a know issue. Really amazing that a large company with such a nice product could screw up something so bad!

I guess crime is not supposed to take place at the top of the hour. You CAN NOT get a continuous clip from 9:59:00 to 10:01:00. You would have to make that into two clips.

dont know who you spoken to at aver but it can be done. you are using segment cut there are two other ways for burning footage. use your remote software it gives you more options.

quote]

dont know who you spoken to at aver but it can be done. you are using segment cut there are two other ways for burning footage. use your remote software it gives you more options.

When you say "two other" methods, I assume both are on the remote software? I only see one option... the segment option, on the server software.

Also, this unit is not on a network. So remote won't work, unless you think I can just pull it internally somehow, using Explorer.

Thanks for your comments. Matt

I'm using a nv-6480 express. It is going to a router because I have a couple of IP cams to hooked up to it, but other than that, there is no other computer hooked up to it, so I'm not sure how I could use the ActiveX Web Client software without another computer. I know what you mean about a crossover cable, but there is not another computer to cross over to at this clients location.

I'm using a nv-6480 express. It is going to a router because I have a couple of IP cams to hooked up to it, but other than that, there is no other computer hooked up to it, so I'm not sure how I could use the ActiveX Web Client software without another computer. I know what you mean about a crossover cable, but there is not another computer to cross over to at this clients location.

nv 6480. you go to system then back-up and down load footage or go to intel search and click on how many hrs you need. (you click on each hr once and the last hr click on twice) then use segment.

nv 6480. you go to system then back-up and down load footage or go to intel search and click on how many hrs you need. (you click on each hr once and the last hr click on twice) then use segment.

You can use the back-up system to back up hours, not minutes. It does not allow you to put in specific times, nor does it allow you to export anything. You just get the native .dv files, not the exported .avi files like you get with the segment export feature.

The "intelligent search" function only searches. It does not back anything up.

So, unless I miss-understanding you here... I still don't see how I could make an .avi of an event that took place from 10:55 to 11:05.

Matt

You can use the back-up system to back up hours, not minutes. It does not allow you to put in specific times, nor does it allow you to export anything. You just get the native .dv files, not the exported .avi files like you get with the segment export feature.

The "intelligent search" function only searches. It does not back anything up.

So, unless I miss-understanding you here... I still don't see how I could make an .avi of an event that took place from 10:55 to 11:05.

Matt

yes you are missing a big part. intelligent seach. you can break it down to week then day then hour. once you have got to hour click on 10 oclock once then click on 11 oclock twice. the segment your footage then click export.