toe_mas

Wireless transmission

I am just finishing a camera system for a client, everything has been great, but I have one camera left. It is a standard camera that needs to go wireless. I bought this unit:

http://www.pinecomputer.com/2wicokit.html

It says 300 feet, I am only going 75 or so, direct line of sight, window to window. It is almost like trying to point a little laser beam at a half a dime! Even then, when I get it right on, the picture has hums and bars, goes static for a second, video lost for a second, so on and so forth!

I know about setting up a wireless bridge with the 3 mile transmitters/receivers and a camera server, but that is more than they want to spend, and more than they need.

Has anyone actually used an inexpensive, reliable, video only transmitter that they were happy with?

I tried all the different channels on the transmitter and receiver too, no big change. Even getting it close and moving the receiver around didn't do anything.

Thanks for the help!

I am just finishing a camera system for a client, everything has been great, but I have one camera left. It is a standard camera that needs to go wireless. I bought this unit:

http://www.pinecomputer.com/2wicokit.html

It says 300 feet, I am only going 75 or so, direct line of sight, window to window. It is almost like trying to point a little laser beam at a half a dime! Even then, when I get it right on, the picture has hums and bars, goes static for a second, video lost for a second, so on and so forth!

I know about setting up a wireless bridge with the 3 mile transmitters/receivers and a camera server, but that is more than they want to spend, and more than they need.

Has anyone actually used an inexpensive, reliable, video only transmitter that they were happy with?

I tried all the different channels on the transmitter and receiver too, no big change. Even getting it close and moving the receiver around didn't do anything.

Thanks for the help!

you will find its the frequency 2.4ghz it will be fine if you go around everyone in a 600feet range and ask them all to switch of cordless phones / wireless routers / bluetooth phones / video senders. you need to get higher frequency 5.2ghz

I considered that too... I knew the frequencies were the same, the 5.8 GHz were a bit pricey though, I was hoping for a quick answer!

Thanks

Do you have a wireless router? Can you change the channel that it operates to lessen the interference of your wireless system?

Can you change the channel of your transmitter, receiver to get a better reception?

Have you unplugged your cordless phone to test for interference?

Your system is no longer line of sight using glass in between the antennas.