koolmer

Does Skyvision still exist? Free Hikvision Software?

I have a Hikvision DS-4016HCSI with Skyvision Software & license file. I really need a Software update, as the current one freezes every few hours. I was told that Skyvision doesn't exist anymore and is called Ever-View now. I don't know if this is true, but I have written e-mails to Skyvision AND Ever-View. So far I have no response and I am really not sure if these companies still exist.

If these companies are dead, is there any free Software for Hikvision cards? I am not talking about Trial versions, but full versions - maybe open source or whatever.

Thanks in advance.

koolmer

I have a Hikvision DS-4016HCSI with Skyvision Software & license file. I really need a Software update, as the current one freezes every few hours. I was told that Skyvision doesn't exist anymore and is called Ever-View now. I don't know if this is true, but I have written e-mails to Skyvision AND Ever-View. So far I have no response and I am really not sure if these companies still exist.

If these companies are dead, is there any free Software for Hikvision cards? I am not talking about Trial versions, but full versions - maybe open source or whatever.

Thanks in advance.

koolmer

What version and model of software you have today?

JD

Thanks in advance.

koolmer

There is nothing free koolmer! I feel you will choose the cheapest way no matter what problems that will get you in!

JD

There is nothing free koolmer! I feel you will choose the cheapest way no matter what problems that will get you in!

JD

Why do you say that? There is very good open source Software existing. Open Office, Firefox, Thunderbird, etc. I use all this Software and it is often even better than the Software that costs money. I thought that there might be something like that for CCTV as well. If it doesn't exist yet, I am sure it will come in the future.

I have to get to the site to check what version I have currently, but I am pretty sure it is an older one. It is running very badly with constant lags, smart search is for sh... , motion detection is unprecise and it freezes about once a day completely.

I had the same problem when I purchased a used Hikvision DS-4008HCI card on Ebay. It came with just the card and cables - no software.

From my research, it looks like each distributor who markets and sells the cards bundles the software with the card with a proprietary license file which includes information on the specific card you purchased. Each software bundle seems to use a different format of the license file. So, the license file you have most likely will not work with other Hikvision supported software.

I think that each distributor must update the license file inside the bundled software package to include the latest 'list' of valid licenses so that with each new version that comes out, everyone who purchased a card from them will have no problem installing the newer software versions.

Why are the license files incompatible between the various versions of Hikvision software? I don't know. Why is the client software between each distributor incompatible with other brands of Hikvision software? Again, I have no idea. You would think that some sort of standardization between the software developers would have happened by now.

In my case, I was not able to track down the original distributor who sold my card, and nobody would offer support unless I could prove that I purchased the card from them.

I found http://www.netvisiondvr.com from a post on here and contacted a sales rep who, after I explained the situation, was able to help me out. I was able to buy a 8 channel license from Candy @ http://www.netvisiondvr.com. The price I was quoted was 'per channel' and was very reasonable.

I highly recommend Netvision's software, but lately the support has started to ignore my messages for support. The software was available and could be freely downloaded, but recently they implemented a secure download section and you need an account and password to login. For some reason, they are protecting the download section with security tighter then Fort Knox; even from people who purchased licenses from them.

If you can get response from them, and you are able to purchase a license, the software is very good and worth the money.

I think that each distributor must update the license file inside the bundled software package to include the latest 'list' of valid licenses so that with each new version that comes out, everyone who purchased a card from them will have no problem installing the newer software versions.

I found http://www.netvisiondvr.com from a post on here and contacted a sales rep who, after I explained the situation, was able to help me out. I was able to buy a 8 channel license from Candy @ http://www.netvisiondvr.com. The price I was quoted was 'per channel' and was very reasonable.

I highly recommend Netvision's software, but lately the support has started to ignore my messages for support. The software was available and could be freely downloaded, but recently they implemented a secure download section and you need an account and password to login. For some reason, they are protecting the download section with security tighter then Fort Knox; even from people who purchased licenses from them.

"Candy" done it again

selling direct to end user

Nothing personal BSD2000

"Candy" done it again

selling direct to end user

Nothing personal BSD2000

Well, in my case, she was a life saver. Especially when most dealers absolutely refused to help me - "You didn't buy if from me, ^%$& off" is all I heard. The Dealer network marketing strategy may be a fine for dealers from a business standpoint, but there are situations when it sucks for end users. What was I supposed to do, throw a perfectly good $800 D1 hardware card in the trash? Then, cozy up to a 'regional' dealer and pay $900 for a new card / software bundle?

Another problem I find is that a lot of dealers don't follow up by keeping current with the latest version of the software. At least with Netvision, the software is updated almost monthly. The dealer I purchased my other two 4 channel cards just recently updated his website to offer a 'new' version that uses the disk allocation and management feature - a feature that has been in use by Netvision for how long? A year? How long do you think it will take him to offer 64bit OS support, which is now available from Netvision? Another year?

I would much rather deal with the source, then deal with 'dealers' in the states and get the cold shoulder.

No offense intended, ak357.

If you can get response from them, and you are able to purchase a license, the software is very good and worth the money.

Thank you for your compliment of our software. But I am sorry I have to point out "but lately the support has started to ignore my messages for support" is not the truth. I have explained to you that we sent several emails to you but you didn't receive them.

The reason we pretect our download section so "tight" is that we have found there are too many piracy.

JD

Why do you say that? There is very good open source Software existing. Open Office, Firefox, Thunderbird, etc. I use all this Software and it is often even better than the Software that costs money. I thought that there might be something like that for CCTV as well. If it doesn't exist yet, I am sure it will come in the future.

I have to get to the site to check what version I have currently, but I am pretty sure it is an older one. It is running very badly with constant lags, smart search is for sh... , motion detection is unprecise and it freezes about once a day completely.

Yes, Open Source software developers are getting there when it comes to software for DVR/Surveillance applications.

Example: ZoneMinder. This software works for Linux, so you will need to get compatible BTTV / BT878 generic drivers for your cards (if your cards supports that) or even search for generic drivers that will work for multiple DVR (supported) cards (google it, I had that info once, but can't find it within my piles of papers to give you the reference).

I haven't really tried ZoneMinder before, but there are excellent reviews for it, So a person can just purchase a cheap DVR card that comes with generic drivers but doesn't come with software and then one can try ZoneMinder (or any other Open Source DVR software) under linux to see how it works.

Yes, Open Source software developers are getting there when it comes to software for DVR/Surveillance applications.

Example: ZoneMinder.

Yeah but thats only one. And its developed by a company that does provide paid services so it could be more of an advertising angle. Additionally it cannot be compared to Windows based DVR software like GeoVision and others. This Industry is different from the Web browser industry so I dont see it really happening much more then what is there already, people that do get into this industry seem to be in it for the $$$$

I am Skyvision oversea sales Ava, I am responsible for the software register for the Hikvision English cards.

Skyvision still exist and developing constantly.We can supply you software for HIkvision cards , dvr ,dvs and IP cam.

I am glad to help you. I will consider specific situations to provide free registration.

Note:Skyvision has technical support on line all the time

Email:Ava@skyvision.com.cn

MSN:leomax_hww@hotmail.com

How many senior software engineers employeed at Skyvision at the moment?

JD

No I haven't tried it. I thought it was just the Client program that doesn't actually record, but only accesses the pictures over the Network. Did I get that right? Does it look any different than the server Software?

you are right. its just a client program that can connect to IVMS2000 to preview live cameras as well as recording. Both are nice looking software. although IMO IVMS2000 is more polished in terms of functionality.

Maybe you can try testing IVMS4000 and check if you will experience the same problem that I encountered with that software as discussed here..viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21404

I tested the IMS4000 remote client (without video ofcourse as I dont have any hikvision Devices or IPs to test) and it is great software. Gives me some ideas for my own remote software now Also makes me want to try the Hikvision cards now I do notice the IMS4000 is also some kind of SDK format, no company name on the EXE, etc. BTW is there a Server 4000 to test also? I Tested the Server 2000 but it seems that it might be an older version? Thanks.

Try this link..http://www.ameta.ca/demo.php

You can connect to a standalone dvr, Dvr card and 2 MP ip camera. Get the latest ivMS 2000 from there too.

There is no IVMS 4000 server AFAIK.