Chimp

New system for NV5000

Hi all,

Hoping to draw on the collective knowledge. I’ve had a NV5000 for a couple of years now. 4 analogue (pal) Cam setup, however my computer that I was running it on has died pretty badly now. So I’m looking to build a new system to have 2 main functions. Act as a NAS device and a DVR.

I like to record in 25fps on each cam and at 720x480 Although I appreciate this isn’t what it is intended to do. From reading many posts on here, am I correct in believing the card isn’t capable of maintaining a full 25fps for each of the 4 cams at this resolution? Or is it due to the system specs? On my old system, the fps were definitely not 25fps. But I wasn’t sure if this was due to a lack of raw CPU power.

I’m looking for some guidance in terms of a recommendation for hardware specs.

What sort of processor/motherboard should I be looking at that can handle this?

I’ve looked at the avermedia recommended hardware list but its so old and out of date.

Basically I’m building this system, from scratch.

I intend to have one hard drive as my C drive, a second very large drive for my DVR recordings and a third large drive for my NAS (mainly media files).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

C

Any intel core 2 duo system will do... and get 2 hard drives.. maybee two 1 terabyte drives... put the OS / DVR files on the first drive.. and the NAS on the 2nd drive...

Any intel core 2 duo system will do... and get 2 hard drives.. maybee two 1 terabyte drives... put the OS / DVR files on the first drive.. and the NAS on the 2nd drive...

OS and DVR files on the same drive ?

Hope you are joking ?

OS and DVR files on the same drive ?

Hope you are joking ?

def not joking... but def a brain fart on a quick reply... lol

What is your recommendation?

Def Partition 1st drive into 2... one smaller one for OS 2nd for NAS and the other drive for DVR files? either way if one or the other dies.. your jerked no matter what.