mike2402

cctv warning stickers

hi, i been told that if you have 24rh cctv stickers up on windows in aa house and you dont use the cctv then it is illegal, can anyone confirm this????

hi, i been told that if you have 24rh cctv stickers up on windows in aa house and you dont use the cctv then it is illegal, can anyone confirm this????

I can't imaging that is true. However, if it is, it would depend on your location.

Tell them it is covert!

The only problem that I can see is the liability. You own a business, and you are responcible for the health and well being of your customers. There is an event and the lawyer involved wants to see the video of the incidence.

You do not have video and you have it posted that you do, and there for you get sued for negligence, or what ever popular "gotcha" a lawyer is using against you.

Does this change the perspective of your question?

If this is your own personel stand alone residence then I would tell them to go bugger off!

A friend of mine told me you could run into problems if for some reason a person (or persons) is depending on the cameras for safety... like a woman leaving her child alone for 15 seconds to compare labels of products on a lower shelf or something. Of course that puts you back to what Scorp said.

I wouldn't worry about it though. I can't see where it would be any different from an "alarm" that sounds like a barking dog, etc. It's meant as a deterent, not as a fact.

That said, it would not surprise me if someone with a 'barking dog alarm" got sued by someone else for not having an actual dog... "While I was breaking into your house, your "dog" scared me because I was bitten as a child. I dropped my baseball bat on my toe which caused me to trip and break my nose. None of it would have happened if you hadn't made me think you had a dog!"

Only in America baby!

Well said, and how true! Only in the USA do lawyers eat steak and drink champaign!

Nah they do that here, in fact they have Steak and Lobster also

Yeah Lawyers run our country .. most politicians here are lawyers .. says alot hey

I have not heard of this before in my area but may be it is applicable on the location where you live.. tell us where you are?