scorpion

Spy Camera flying platform: Police, military, or PI?

This is a video of a miniture 8 engine helicopter. I was impressed with this video that is about 11 minutes long.

First he does a flight demo, and then he does a GPS position hover, and then he smacks the copter with his hand, and the GPS brings the copter back to the GPS position.

At the end of the film the copter already is weighted down with a camera, and then he suspends a 1 liter coke bottle under it. I was impressed when he smacked the bottle with his hand, and the copter was not unbalanced from the pendulum effect, and did a great job in of controlling the engines to keep the copter at "horizon".

The full throttle take off to max altitude is stunning to say!

What do you think?

I would love one.....

The UK police actually bought something similar, and used it in the field, until they discovered they had been operating it illegally without the licence needed... 40 thousand UK pounds they spent on it...

read more

The UK police actually bought something similar, and used it in the field, until they discovered they had been operating it illegally without the licence needed... 40 thousand UK pounds they spent on it...
I'd be willing to take it off their hands for a few quid!

It appeared to me in the video that the "motors" are indendant of each other. When he hits it with his hand, and it recovers to the GPS point I can see the motion blur change in the different props.