scorpion

Who is the Zoneminder expert? No more PC based for me!

How to fix a forehead after smashing it in to a wall!! LOL!

Thanks for responding! On the next moment of Chaos you will be the first that I will "call"!

I could not get zoneminder to work with Ubuntu, or Debian.

I finally have it working with CentOS.

My question would be more aimed at someone who had the same results using Debian, and how they over came those issues.

With CentOS I am good to go, and I do not have any questions. I am trying to learn lenny as I go, and that is not helping either!

I am having other minor issues, but I am so far ahead with CentOS now then I was with Ub, and Deb. I just have to make sure I know what section I am before I start typing commands.

So far I am good to go. Knock on wood!

We had similar problems with Debian... and chose to go with Ubuntu instead and worked fine... It is fairly simple program and works most of the time... It has much less bugs compared few months ago... and it is getting more stable.

If you were able to make it work with CentOS, then you are fine... It is a very stable distro and has less packages that you do not need most of the time. I do not think it has something to do with the specific distro not working, rather the hardware it supports based on what you are using. Older the hardware, better it will work. Very few distros out there support new hardware...