Hi All

I currently have a very simple set up using a Q-See USB DVR & one Camera, Although the Super DVR software is a bit buggy it does work OK for me, Especially the motion detection email notification as If I am away from work it sends me a email showing me what has happened etc.

Anyway I want to upgrade my Laptop to Windows 7 but the Q-See DVR will not work on Windows 7 and as most of you know there customer support is hopeless.

So I have been trying to find something similar that is Windows 7 Compatible,

I have searched the internet and the threads here but have had no luck so far.

Does anyone know of anything that is Compatible ?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Maybe you have to ask your supplier to offer you some new drivers can be used in windows 7. And they should do a little change to their software.

By the way, you can try to use some other softwares. Send email while motion alarm triggered out is a so simple a funtion that many softwares support it.

Hi From the Q-See website FAQ's

"I need a 64 bit driver and driver for Win7, where can I get them?"

Unfortunately we do not have 64 bit drivers or drivers for Win7 for this product, we are not able to write any that will work with the firmware on the device.

So my problem is actually in the firmware not the Super DVR software.

I would happily buy some new software if I thought it would work, But I do not want to spend money on new software just to find it does not work with the device.

Thats why I thought I would ask here as there must be a lot people in this situation.

Is it possible to employ/pay some one to write a firmware patch ? (I have no idea where to look or ask to find such a person )

Thanks

I think maybe few people will write the firmware patch for others, especially the software suppliers.

Where is your location? Are you dealer or end user? Maybe I can offer you one software for free to test.

I am sure the software supports Windows 7 and even 64 bit OS. Of course, support sending email while there is motion alarm or video loss. And some other useful functions, such as multi-monitor, multi-brand of IP cameras supported and Iphone&BlackBerry supported, etc.

Hi

I'm in San Francisco , CA , USA

I am just a end user but do have an interest in CCTV but not very knowledgeable

I certainly do mind buying new software or new hardware if I know it will work.

so I would welcome the opportunity to try something new.

How can I contact you ??

Thanks

Contact your local computer store, and ask them to set up XP Virtual. You Win 7 can handle this.

Give them a call.

I think maybe few people will write the firmware patch for others, especially the software suppliers.

Where is your location? Are you dealer or end user? Maybe I can offer you one software for free to test.

I am sure the software supports Windows 7 and even 64 bit OS. Of course, support sending email while there is motion alarm or video loss. And some other useful functions, such as multi-monitor, multi-brand of IP cameras supported and Iphone&BlackBerry supported, etc.

What finally happend with this, I have the same issue with my ViseoSecu device and they also said it wont work with Win 7 x64.

I am willing to buy the software (including drivers).

rq

Yet another tragic tale of poor support and poor products...

It's easy to see why there is a constant battle for us to educate people why buying quality products from reputable companies are worth the extra few dollars...

I fixed this by buying a new USB capture stick & using the free Vitamin D software works fantastic

In all fairness I believe a lot of companies are not ready for Win 7 64 bit. Alot of software is not compatable.

True, I guess I missed the part about 64bit.

Still, I think there are far less issues and much better support on brand name equipment vs ebay bargain bins.

True, I guess I missed the part about 64bit.

Still, I think there are far less issues and much better support on brand name equipment vs ebay bargain bins.

Im new on this so I do not know about brand names on this market. However, the iCamDVR device (no cameras included) is around US$90 and it wont support x64 nor Win 7 .

I got two wireless mini cameras with receiver for US$60. So, I much I am supposed to spend on a device like this?

Anyway, if you know of a good device feel free to point it out. The most important thing for me the ability to see the cameras live using my blackberry. In addition to be able to record video to my PC.

SCREW QSEE I have the same usb dvr... I upgraded to w7 x86. and no luck. I tried running in compatibility mode for all versions of windows.... I tried setting up windows xp mode... I trided using parallels AND oracle. I tried running it on an old laptop, but it wont let me save to a network path to my desktop...not even a mapped network drive. the vms dont work because of the "virtual video adapter" I cant install the driver for my video card because of this reason too. the support is the worst i have ever dealt with. I am currently dual booting w7 and vista... but I would like to somehow be able to load my vista partition while running windows.. is this possible? Is there a way to mod the firmare? is there software compatible with this 4 channel usb dvr??? CAN THE DAMN PEOPLE AT QSEE JUST POST A PATCH ALREADY?!??!?!

cheers

B

SCREW QSEE I have the same usb dvr... I upgraded to w7 x86. and no luck. I tried running in compatibility mode for all versions of windows.... I tried setting up windows xp mode... I trided using parallels AND oracle. I tried running it on an old laptop, but it wont let me save to a network path to my desktop...not even a mapped network drive. the vms dont work because of the "virtual video adapter" I cant install the driver for my video card because of this reason too. the support is the worst i have ever dealt with. I am currently dual booting w7 and vista... but I would like to somehow be able to load my vista partition while running windows.. is this possible? Is there a way to mod the firmare? is there software compatible with this 4 channel usb dvr??? CAN THE DAMN PEOPLE AT QSEE JUST POST A PATCH ALREADY?!??!?!

cheers

B

a patch will not happen. these usb dvrs are cheap and qsee no longer makes them anymore

Repeat after me, this mantra for CCTV:

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Software is irrelevant if you don't have working drivers. The software doesn't talk directly to the device... the driver does. From there, the software talks to the driver. If you have no driver, then the software has no way to communicate with the hardware.

cheers

B

Sorry, I dont understand,

You mention Win7 and Vista but then mention Parallels and Oracle??

Are you trying to run this in a Virtual Windows Environment?

cheers

B

Sorry, I dont understand,

You mention Win7 and Vista but then mention Parallels and Oracle??

Are you trying to run this in a Virtual Windows Environment?

I first tried running this on my w7 computer but there is no w7 driver for it. When i boot into my vista partition it works. So i tried installing vm managers to try and run vista in my w7 environment. Ill do anything that saves me from spending $200 on a real dvr. so yes, if possible a virtual environment.

I got a $20 four-channel USB video adapter from an online store (just for curiosity's sake), plugged it into my Win7 netbook... Windows downloaded and installed drivers automatically. Installed the bundled software and I was good to go.

Ditch the Q-See. The whole brand name is well-known and loathed in these parts. If you'd dropped the $200 on a "decent" solution, you would have saved at least that much in Rogaine and Just For Men by now.

I first tried running this on my w7 computer but there is no w7 driver for it. When i boot into my vista partition it works. So i tried installing vm managers to try and run vista in my w7 environment. Ill do anything that saves me from spending $200 on a real dvr. so yes, if possible a virtual environment.

I havent used this USB device but doubt it would work in a virtual environment. Basically will first need drivers loaded on the host OS, so if no drivers for that, then it wont work. Then if there are drivers, would need to somehow mirror that driver to the virtual OS or get it so it can talk directly to the hardware from the virtual machine, basically it will rely on what hardware options are available preset for the Virtual software you use, for example there are no USB Video Capture devices for Virtual Box, even regular USB hard drives wont always work, at least easily. Not an easy task. I recall trying to get a serial device working before as the DOS software had to run in 98 (yeahh! LOL) but I wanted XP for the networking and other drivers 98 didnt have, even with a serial port option for the Virtual machine, it would not work as it needed direct access to the hardware. Different scenario, but still related.

No drivers for Win7 but drivers for Vista? They are almost the same OS, much is similar, registry everything. Have you tried to get the drivers to load in Win7? Put all the driver related files in a sub folder then check the properties for each one, run in compatibility for XP and also run as an admin if you can set that. I dont use Win7 so cant go into detail.

Software for USB capture DVRs typically suck though, ive used a few, got one sitting on the ground here. You would be better off with one of those $200 DVRs anyway. Only reason I can see for the USB DVR is portability on a laptop, well OK the price also, but the price is not worth it. Plus its an unsecure bulky USB thing sticking out of the computer, knock it when its showing the cameras and can almost always expect a crash.

I got a $20 four-channel USB video adapter from an online store (just for curiosity's sake), plugged it into my Win7 netbook... Windows downloaded and installed drivers automatically. Installed the bundled software and I was good to go.

Ditch the Q-See. The whole brand name is well-known and loathed in these parts. If you'd dropped the $200 on a "decent" solution, you would have saved at least that much in Rogaine and Just For Men by now.

Do u have a link for the dvr u got?

I got mine for $6.95 on Amazon

even came with a CD for that price!

I havent used this USB device but doubt it would work in a virtual environment. Basically will first need drivers loaded on the host OS, so if no drivers for that, then it wont work. Then if there are drivers, would need to somehow mirror that driver to the virtual OS or get it so it can talk directly to the hardware from the virtual machine, basically it will rely on what hardware options are available preset for the Virtual software you use, for example there are no USB Video Capture devices for Virtual Box, even regular USB hard drives wont always work, at least easily. Not an easy task. I recall trying to get a serial device working before as the DOS software had to run in 98 (yeahh! LOL) but I wanted XP for the networking and other drivers 98 didnt have, even with a serial port option for the Virtual machine, it would not work as it needed direct access to the hardware. Different scenario, but still related.

No drivers for Win7 but drivers for Vista? They are almost the same OS, much is similar, registry everything. Have you tried to get the drivers to load in Win7? Put all the driver related files in a sub folder then check the properties for each one, run in compatibility for XP and also run as an admin if you can set that. I dont use Win7 so cant go into detail.

Software for USB capture DVRs typically suck though, ive used a few, got one sitting on the ground here. You would be better off with one of those $200 DVRs anyway. Only reason I can see for the USB DVR is portability on a laptop, well OK the price also, but the price is not worth it. Plus its an unsecure bulky USB thing sticking out of the computer, knock it when its showing the cameras and can almost always expect a crash.

what do you mean load the drivers into w7? The driver and software setup is 1 install. I did set both to run in vista sp2 mode and as an admin. and no luck. when the setup finishes i get "class does not exist. .erroorcode=0x583

I got mine for $6.95 on Amazon

even came with a CD for that price!

is it compatible with w7?